Can Malwarebytes, Emsisoft and Kaspersky be combined?

Is it wise to use Malwarebytes, Emsisoft and Kaspersky Total Security together? Will these programs intervene each other?

Which version of Malwarebytes should I use? And could someone please give me information on how and if I should use live protection on all 3 programs at the same time?

I am just trying to get the maximum security without risking negative effects, as before I resetted my laptop installing Emsisoft ruined my applications as I had different programs installed aswell.

19 minutes ago, Hoppity said:

Emsisoft ruined my applications as I had different programs installed aswell.

That kinda answers part of your question.

Personally, I would choose ONE antivirus and ONE anti-malware for real-time protection.

In your example  Paid Kaspersky and paid Malwarebytes.  Remember safe internet habits are WAY more important than software.

I use Defender with MB premium only.

Edited by Porthos

As Porthos stated, you should never have more than one Antivirus installed at the time on a system. Doing so can lead to system instability and conflict, even if their real-time protection isn't enabled at the same time. For more information about this, you can read the excellent article below by quietman on BleepingComputer.

https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/407147/answers-to-common-security-questions-best-practices/#entry2316629

This being said, both Emsisoft and Kaspersky have excellent products, so you'll be fine with either one. And obviously, since Malwarebytes can complement any Antivirus, it'll work fine with either as well.

Thank you for the prompt replies.

I have decided to supplement my Kaspersky Total Security with malwarebytes (, even though on the Kaspersky forum they said that Kaspersky scans for malware too).

Which is better MBAM or malwarebytes 3?

Do I need to buy the premium version? And if I do, won't the extra features the paid version provides intervene with what Kaspersky is already doing?
And on how many devices can I use the paid version? I have 4 PC/laptops, 3 tablets and 4 phones.

45 minutes ago, Hoppity said:

And on how many devices can I use the paid version? I have 4 PC/laptops, 3 tablets and 4 phones.

Let us start with the bad news. It is sold per computer. MB 3 is the current best version. There are discounts when purchasing more than one.

Do I need to buy the premium version?

You get NO realtime protection with the free version.

And if I do, won't the extra features the paid version provides intervene with what Kaspersky is already doing?

Usually not but if so you can add exclusions.

3 tablets and 4 phones.

The phone app for Android is free. There is no iPhone version. The tablets have to be Windows tablets (non-RT versions). And Android. Thanks, @BillH99999 for that. 

Edited by Porthos