PUP.Optional.Legacy

cene

• Staff

@cene

Please download the Farbar Recovery Scan Tool and save it to your desktop.

• Double-click to run it. When the tool opens, click Yes to disclaimer.
  • Press the Scan button.
  • It will make a log (FRST.txt) in the same directory the tool is run. Please attach it to your reply.
  • The first time the tool is run, it also makes another log (Addition.txt). If you've, run the tool before you need to place a check mark here.
  • Please attach the Additions.txt log to your reply as well.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Staff

Thanks.

1) Download fixlist.txt file and save it to the Desktop.

NOTE. It's important that both files, FRST64 and fixlist.txt are in the same location or the fix will not work.

NOTICE: This script was written specifically for @cene, for use on that particular machine. Running this on another machine may cause damage to your operating system.

Run FRST/FRST64 and press the Fix button just once and wait. If for some reason the tool needs a restart, please make sure you let the system restart normally. After that let the tool complete its run. When finished FRST will generate a log on the Desktop (Fixlog.txt). Please post it to your reply.

I have Pup.Optional.Legacy as well.... it keeps coming up when I use adwcleaner... I have the newest version.. 7, something;

and I just bought the premium Malwarebytes... and it says no THREATS..... what gives?   I tried to read the above... but I have no idea what any of you are talking about.

Is malwarebytes just another scam?

• Staff
3 minutes ago, fr33tux said:

@ceneCorrect! Save it at the same location that frst64.exe is.

I've answered in my last message :)

3 minutes ago, cene said:

you can exclude a hacking problem?

Yes, definitively. The problem is that there is a network issue somewhere between you and the update servers, which make the update mechanism failing (so you still get the FPs fixed a few days ago).

4 hours ago, Menago said:

Hey is ok or i need to do something 

Bez tytułu.png

That's a bug in CHR module, already reported by me.

You should NOT do anything here. fr33tux is working to fix it.

Hello everyone :)

Since I downloaded the latest version of AdwCleaner it started detecting this one threat in registry:

***** [ Registry ] *****

PUP.Optional.Legacy, [Data] - HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\Tcpip\Parameters\Interfaces |  [208.67.222.220,208.67.220.220]

It seemed to me that it might be a legit service but my knowledge is not extensive enough to make an informed choice. I would be thankful if you could please tell me if this is a false positive or should I proceed with deleting it. :)

Hello,

I have the same issue in the new version.

***** [ Registry ] *****

PUP.Optional.Legacy, [Data] - HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\Tcpip\Parameters\Interfaces |  [8.8.8.8,8.8.4.4,4.2.2.1,4.2.2.2,208.67.222.222,208.67.220.220,8.26.56.26,8.20.247.20,156.154.70.1,156.154.71.1]

I only use the google DNS:

nRmIWkm.jpg