Had MB free and Anti exploit free, but now after update...

i had Malwarebytes free and Anti Exploit free installed on my laptop, but after updating MB Antimalware was told that Anti exploit was not compatible with the new version, also noticed the download was the premium trail which before you could bypass this and just go for the free version (dont particularly like them giving you the trial when you only want the free version) anyway noticed that the 'built in' Anti exploit is part of the 'trail'....so what i want to know is when this 'trial' is up and i revert back to the free version of MB Anti Malware (i am assuming Anti Exploit will no longer be incorporated into the free MB Anti Malware) can i instal the stand alone version of MB Anti Exploit, and everything will be like before the 'update'.....or is it the case that now Malwarebytes has put Anti Exploit only in the 'paid for' version of MBAM and if i try to instal the .exe file i have of Anti Exploit it will say 'no'..... thank you...      

Hello @andytg

Anti Exploit is available within MB 3.x but only if you are a paid customer or in a Premium Trial.

If you are in the free Version Anti Exploit will not be available.

You can Install Anti Exploit stand alone along with MB 3.x , but I would not recommend it as the 2 programs are not meant to run together.

If you are really looking for Anti Exploit free, I would recommend installing MBAM 2.x back in the free mode and also installing the stand alone MBAE free 

You can always turn off a setting in MBAM 2.x which will prompt you to upgrade to MB 3.x

Let us know if you need any more help.

I did exactly what andytg is asking.

I also had MBAMv2 and anti-exploit beta stand alone.

I updated to MB3, and turned off the stand alone anti-exploit beta during the trial period.

Once the 14 day trial of MB3 ended, (and the real time protection turned off), I turned the stand alone anti-exploit beta back on.

So I now have MB3 free version for manual scanning only, and the stand alone anti-exploit beta running real time.

(and of course another AV running real time).

Edited by nukecad

Thanks all, so it seems they want you to buy Anti exploit now (included in the premium MB3) so i will have a go and run Anti exploit when the 'trial' is up, although some has said its not compatible, if i think Anti exploit is not working (anybody know how i can test it) i will revert back to MBAM 2 (i have seen that you can turn off program update but keep malware definitions update)  and then run Anti exploit....thanks again everyone... 

Andy,

Whilst the MB3 trial is running (for 14 days) then the AE component of it is running real time and so may/will clash with the stand alone AE beta also running real time.

Once the 14 day trial is over then the AE component of MB3 (and all other components of MB3) stop running in real time, and so cannot clash with anything.

MB3 has become the free version, which is on demand scanning only.

So you can turn the stand alone AE beta back on once the 14 day MB3 trial has ended and it will run normally as a real time AE.

As said above this is exactly what I am doing now - AE beta stand alone running real time, MB3 free for on demand scans, both run fine with no problems.

(This is just the same as it was with MBAMv2 free and the stand alone AE).

How to test if Anti Exploit is running. (works for both the stand alone beta and for the AE included in MB3).

Edited by nukecad

Hello @andytg

On 6/21/2017 at 9:17 PM, nikhils said:

Hello @andytg

Anti Exploit is available within MB 3.x but only if you are a paid customer or in a Premium Trial.

If you are in the free Version Anti Exploit will not be available.

You can Install Anti Exploit stand alone along with MB 3.x , but I would not recommend it as the 2 programs are not meant to run together.

If you are really looking for Anti Exploit free, I would recommend installing MBAM 2.x back in the free mode and also installing the stand alone MBAE free 

You can always turn off a setting in MBAM 2.x which will prompt you to upgrade to MB 3.x

Let us know if you need any more help.

With the above in mind, you can understand how difficult it would be to assist you with exotic issues arising from MBAE being made to run with MB3 Free.  Please heed staffer @nikhils's post or simply upgrade to MB3 Premium and enjoy all its protections.

Thank you.

Thanks again everyone i think i have got my answer now.....have a go with the 'stand alone' Anti Exploit when the 'trial' is up and i revert back to the 'free' version.....ditch Anti Exploit and stick with MB3 (free) or use the uninstall tool to get rid of MB3 (free) and install an earlier version of MBAM and install the 'stand alone' Anti Exploit..... 

Edited by andytg