Cannot Update MB 3.0.6

Hi dcollins,

I have uninstalled / reinstalled so many times now I've lost count.  MBAM 2 was updating OK and I think I've got MB 3 updating now.

I made some changes to my machine last night and ran Tweaking.com - Windows Repair (great program by the way).  For the time being I guess it will be best to monitor the situation and see if MB 3 continues to update.

My current Update package version is 1.0.1639, which is the same as my other machines so that looks good.  Is there anywhere we can check which version is the latest released?

Cheers,
Krusty

That machine and another have stopped updating again.  Both updated to 1.0.1640 before I shut them down and will not update past that this morning.  I don't know if there is an issue accessing the update server from Australia or not but it would be great if someone could check on this.

My third machine is now updated to 1.0.1642, until the first sign it stops updating, then it will have the same fate the other two suffered.

My 'main' two machines are back using MBAM 2.x which is updating as expected.  MB 3 has been a complete mess since release and continues to be.  I hope the developers understand why I request MBAM support to continue until MB 3 becomes rock-solid, if it ever does. 

Thank you,
Krusty

7 hours ago, dcollins said:

Norton PC-Tools

This is actually Norton Utilities 16 and NOT a security product.  This cannot be 'disabled'.

Would you mind disabling HitmanPro

This is an on-demand scanner and does not run in real time, unless you mean HitmanPro.Alert.

MCShield

This only scans USB devices when you connect them and does nothing regarding networks.

Would you mind disabling HitmanPro, AVAST, Norton PC-Tools, VoodooShield, MCShield and then checking for updates and seeing if that helps at all?

Uninstalling MB 3 has helped!  I have no further interest in installing MB 3 and if MB 3 can't get along with my other programs then it is gone.

MBAM 2 is updating successfully so I will stick to it... for now.

On 02/04/2017 at 8:59 AM, Krusty said:

I don't know if there is an issue accessing the update server from Australia or not but it would be great if someone could check on this?

By the way, has anyone checked if there is any problems connecting to the servers from Australia?

For the record, I have tried every public beta and released version of MB so far and I've had to remove them all.  It gets tiring uninstalling / reinstalling this program.  I've just reached a point where enough is enough.

Thank you for you time.

- K

Sorry for the frustration. While we haven't had many reports of Malwarebytes 3 having issues with other security software, we usually do a test of disable first to verify a problem exists, and then add exclusions as where necessary.

We do have lots of users from Australia and so far no one else has reported similar issues like yours. Out of curiosity, what type of internet do you have? Cable/DSL/Satellite/etc?