Error 'Unable to connect to service"

Hello @MaryTheresa and :welcome:

The MBARW devs/staffers must have good, detailed, documentation for a quality analysis.  Please consider running the following Malwarebytes written data gathering Support Tool:

1.) Download arwlogs.exe to an Administrator desktop of the system in question.
2.) Right-click the arwlogs.exe icon and select "Run as administrator".  A zipped archive should soon be generated to the Administrator desktop.
3.) Rather than email the archive as the tool directs, please attach the archive to your next reply in this topic.

Please consider left-clicking the "Follow" button, near the upper-right corner of your topic, to receive timely email notifications about updates to your topic.

Although more data may be required, after the requested data is posted, the Malwarebytes' QA & Developer Teams, and staffers can commence their analysis.  Thank you always for your assistance.

Something has been done to Windows Defender to cause it to identify Malwarebytes as malware and even though I turn it off AND have marked the Malwarebytes file as "allowed"  I think it is still blocking it.  I have also noticed that Windows Defender and Firewall will turn themselves back on after being turned off to try to allow Malwarebytes to run.

Hello @MaryTheresa:

Per step #3 in my post above, would you please attach the requested zipped archive file that had been generated to your system's desktop to your next reply?  In your system's case, the full filename is:

2017-03-02-MININT-123QABL.zip

Thank you.

Hello @MaryTheresa:

Thank you for the archive.  Since your data is now available to the devs/staffers, please reinstall per the instructions below.

Please try the following MBARW Beta8 uninstall & reinstall procedure to guarantee proper ownerships and integrity:
  1. Delete any and all previous copies of MBARW_Setup.exe and perform a conventional Windows-based uninstall of Malwarebytes Anti-Ransomware version 0.9.17.661 followed by a system restart to Windows 10 Normal boot mode.
  2. Then, download a fresh copy of the MBARW_Setup.exe to the system's Administrator desktop only.
  3. Right-click the saved MBARW_Setup.exe file icon and left-click RunAsAdmin.jpg  Run as administrator from the context menu and continue.  <===IMPORTANT!
  4. Upon a successful installation, restart the computer, in a conventional manner, to the Windows Normal boot mode.
  5. See if MBARW Beta8's license activation has successfully completed and resolved the system's original issue.

Please consider left-clicking the "Follow" button, near the upper-right corner of your topic, to receive timely email notifications about updates to your topic.

When possible, please reply to this topic with your system's status.   Thank you again for your MBARW Beta8 testing contribution.

Edited by 1PW

Thanks so much for the information.  I have followed this topic but have been out of town over the weekend.  

I have the paid version of Malwarebytes and since I am unsure of how to proceed on the uninstall can you tell me if I can follow the directions from this thread I found in the forums:  

Hello @MaryTheresa:

The instructions you are referring in your last post are for the clean re-install of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware (MBAM) v2.2.1.1043.  If your system does not have an MBAM issue then my instructions to you in my post #9 for the re-instal of Malwarebytes Anti-Ransomware (MBARW) v0.9.17.661 are the instructions I would like you to follow.

Please confirm that your version of MBAM is v2.2.1.1043.  If that is not the case, and your system has Malwarebytes 3.0 installed, then we need to restart.

Thank you.

Edited by 1PW

Hello @MaryTheresa:

Thank you for the .png regarding the mbam.exe file.  That 3.0.0.912 version of the mbam.exe file is part of the overall application Malwarebytes 3.0.6.1469 (MB3) and the Anti-Ransomware module and the Anti-Exploit module are already built into your version of MB3.  Hence your computer does not require separate versions of MBAE and MBARW if the version of MB3 is the premium version.

Thank you.

• 1 month later...

Hello @tienchien1 and :welcome:

As the system in question is running an older version of MB3, please follow @Firefox's procedure at https://forums.malwarebytes.com/topic/199081-real-time-protection-web-protection/?do=findComment&comment=1115645 to update to the release version.

Also, does the system in question have any F-Secure (or any F-Secure based) product in-use?

Upon completion, please update with your results.  Thank you.

Edited by 1PW

9 hours ago, 1PW said:

Hello @tienchien1 and :welcome:

As the system in question is running an older version of MB3, please follow @Firefox's procedure at https://forums.malwarebytes.com/topic/199081-real-time-protection-web-protection/?do=findComment&comment=1115645 to update to the release version.

Also, does the system in question have any F-Secure (or any F-Secure based) product in-use?

Upon completion, please update with your results.  Thank you.

Thanks you verry much. It working :D.