Unable to connect the service problem

I bought the 3.0 version yesterday, two years of updates. Paid with credit card.   It worked fine yesterday but today it will not start.  I get this message

unable to connect the service

I cannot even remove it and reinstall it as I get an error when trying to do this.  I didn't write the exact error down but to say the least I am a little bit annoyed.   This is a new HP Laptop and was only trying to help stop things from getting on here.   Any tips on how I can get malwarebytes to work again ???

@golfnut123

Depending on how you did your install/upgrade it may not have worked properly, some computer are having issues with the upgrade route.

Simply (deactivate first) Uninstall all Malwarebytes products from the control panel. Then re-download the latest version of Malwarebytes and re-install and reactivate to get your Premium protection enabled.

This will most likely fix your issue.

Did not work.  Still could not remove.  I noticed on my computer I have a service right about Mbam service that says Mbam scheduler.  Should this be on this new HP laptop because it is missing.  I just cannot remove the program even after I deactivated it and then tried to remove it.  This is annoying to say to least.  

File C:\Program files\malwarebytes\animalware\unins000.dat   Error 5: Acess denied.  I messed with this thing all afternoon and then did this

I removed F-Secure antivirus and it worked.  She can live with malwarebytes pro and windows defender even though I have both on my computer but I am running the older version lifetime version of malwarebytes which I bought years ago.   I did like F-Secure because it would show me if a website was safe and that is what I put it on her computer.  Charter supplies it free to their customers so no big deal as it did not cost anything.  Malwarebytes was working fine yesterday after I installed it and I rebooted her computer several times.  Today is when the problem started.   I don't like a program I cannot remove and I tried every trick suggested here to get malwarebytes off the computer so I could install it again but it just would not remove.  Whats up with that ? anyway it is ok for now.  Is the new version of Malwarebytes 3.0.6 good without installing any antivirus ?

Edited by golfnut123

That is why I installed F-Secure but it would not work with this version of malwarebytes.  When I removed F-Secure all was well.   I didn't want to start changing setting as I never had to in the past.  Maybe the programmers will write a patch to fix this problem because I see I was not the only person having this problem.  For now I got the Windows Defender that comes in Windows 10 for antivirus with Malwarebytes so that should be good enough.  THANKS

1 hour ago, MSPF said:

shut down DeepGuard in F-Secure. Doing so you can profit from antivirus, firewall etc. and Malwarebytes. Hope it works the same for you

You should also be able to add Malwarebytes to the Virus Scan exclusions in F-Secure, or turn on Compatibility Mode in DeepGuard instead of disabling it entirely.

It was my idea to tell her to purchase the Pro version of malwarebytes which was a mistake.  I worked on this problem remote for a few hours and finally give up and removed F-secure which I didn't want to do.  There is no way to contact malwarebytes by phone as I could find so you can bet I will never recommend it to anyone again.   I have been working on computers for 18 years    This is one of the few times I could not even remove a program I installed from the Add-Remove in windows yet F-Secure uninstalled fine.  Almost like a Trojan itself. 

I did shut off the DeepGuard as suggested but the problem was still there after I rebooted. I did everything that was suggested here and nothing worked except me having to remove F-Secure which annoyed me.   

If she had not paid for Malwarebytes I would just have removed it and let things go as F-secure was working fine. 

Maybe the problem would not have showed up if I had installed Malwarebytes first but that I will never know.  I do know things worked fine after removing F-Secure so I am leaving it to her now.  Just hate that she has no way of showing bad websites which F-Secure had.  WOT is what I did recommend in the past but I see they have had problems so I hope Malwarebytes blocks bad site if she goes to one by mistake. 

How do we go about getting a refund ? Also I cannot remove Malwarebytes so what now ?  I still get the error .  I think Malwarebytes should tell me a way to remove their program when it will not work from the add-remove part of windows.  Like I said I am a little annoyed at all this because the person that owns this computer listened to me as I helped her buy this program.  Sort of bad on a brand new computer for this to happen. :(

Edited by golfnut123

1 hour ago, golfnut123 said:

How do we go about getting a refund ? Also I cannot remove Malwarebytes so what now ?  I still get the error .  I think Malwarebytes should tell me a way to remove their program when it will not work from the add-remove part of windows.  Like I said I am a little annoyed at all this because the person that owns this computer listened to me as I helped her buy this program.  Sort of bad on a brand new computer for this to happen. :(

Only the Help Desk can deal with refunds, so you'll need to drop them an e-mail.

https://support.malwarebytes.com/customer/portal/emails/new?b_id=15026

This being said, if you cannot remove Malwarebytes because of F-Secure and it's DeepGuard, I suggest you to disable it temporarily while you uninstall it. Also, the problem might be on F-Secure side, since their program is preventing Malwarebytes from working properly.

!!This being said, if you cannot remove Malwarebytes because of F-Secure and it's DeepGuard, I suggest you to disable it temporarily while you uninstall it !!

I did just that and it still would not remove.  I would like to suggest to who ever owns Malwarebytes is to write a fix for this problem.  My son works with a programmer and things like this are done all the time.  

Malwarebytes is stuck on this computer and just will not come off.  I give up and just removed F-Secure.  She said she would just leave it like it is being she has already bought this program for two years.

Over the years that I have worked on computers I have had issues with removing programs.  Most of the time I just reformatted the computer to solve the problem.   In her case it would take way to long to put her things back. 

Maybe Malwarebytes can write an uninstall tool like AVG does and other companies do.  I am sure I am not the only person that has had this problem.  Thanks.