Malware bytes 3 does not run on this version of Windows

I am running Windows 10 Pro build 14986 and since Malwarebytes Pro V 3.0.3.1469 (hereinafter called MB) causes serious issues with Microsoft Office 365 (frequent crashes and very slow if it works).  I decide to uninstall MB, reboot and then reinstall. I attempted to reinstall MB but received the following message: -

A copy of the screen print is attached.

I have tried installing MB v 2.2.2.1043 but that too creates exactly the same error message.

Now I am unable to run any version of MB!!!!

MB does not run.png

Hello @Chevalier and :welcome:

Please download the MB3 installer file to the system's desktop, rename the file to mbam.exe, and right-click the newly renamed icon and "Run as administrator".

Please reply to this topic with your results.  Thank you.

Reference: @dcollins post #6 dealing with the Windows Compatibility Assistant

4 hours ago, 1PW said:

Hello @Chevalier and :welcome:

Please download the MB3 installer file to the system's desktop, rename the file to mbam.exe, and right-click the newly renamed icon and "Run as administrator".

Please reply to this topic with your results.  Thank you.

Reference: @dcollins post #6 dealing with the Windows Compatibility Assistant

Many thanks for your response and suggestions.  I have done as you suggested but , regretably, it does not work. The install process fails to complete and the whole PC simply freezes and must be hard rebooted. ONce it has rebboted I can no longer run Control Panel (it simply reports "Not responding") to see if there are any error messages that I can provide. Thankfully I took a PC image immediately prior to following you instructions so that I can restore a workable PC.  I think you can apprecaite that I am not at all happy with your suggestions so shall now abandom Malwarebytes until you are able to deliver a flawless upgrade.

mbam.exe also freezes.png

Hello @Chevalier:

In anticipation of Malwarebytes management assistance post, please attach the following 4 diagnostic result files:

1.) Please attach (do not compress/copy/paste) the separate FRST.txt and the Addition.txt output diagnostic reports from only Log Set 1.  The appropriate Farbar Recovery Scan Tool utility must be executed with "Run as administrator" privileges.  Please do not alter the FRST settings as the default configuration is well suited for our use.

2.) Please attach (do not compress/copy/paste) the output diagnostic report mb-checkReport.txt from mb-check-{version}.exe

3.) Please attach the MBAMSERVICE.LOG file located in "C:\ProgramData\Malwarebytes\mbamservice\logs".  The ProgramData folder may be hidden, so you'll have to turn on showing hidden files or type the path in manually.

The entire process will not take long.  Thank you again.

Edited by 1PW

8 hours ago, 1PW said:

Hello @Chevalier:

In anticipation of Malwarebytes management assistance post, please attach the following 4 diagnostic result files:

1.) Please attach (do not compress/copy/paste) the separate FRST.txt and the Addition.txt output diagnostic reports from only Log Set 1.  The appropriate Farbar Recovery Scan Tool utility must be executed with "Run as administrator" privileges.  Please do not alter the FRST settings as the default configuration is well suited for our use.

2.) Please attach (do not compress/copy/paste) the output diagnostic report mb-checkReport.txt from mb-check-{version}.exe

3.) Please attach the MBAMSERVICE.LOG file located in "C:\ProgramData\Malwarebytes\mbamservice\logs".  The ProgramData folder may be hidden, so you'll have to turn on showing hidden files or type the path in manually.

The entire process will not take long.  Thank you again.

Would you please note that the only way I could get my PC to work was to load a previous image.  That image DID NOT have Malwarebytes installed therefore there are no Malwarebytes logs that I can obtain and send you.  Moreover, if you think that all I need to do to install Malwarebytes and then send the logs, then please recognise that Malwarebyes completely screws my PC to the point that it is unworkable and I will have to restore a previous image again.  In other words, I am currently unable to provide the information you request.  My only solution is to wait for a flawless upgrade to Malwarebytes.

I fully understand that you would like a set of error logs.  However, MB screws my system so that it simply does not work - i.e. I cannot peform any actions.  It follows that no matter which logs you would like I am UNABLE to provide them because Windows is NOT working.  I have restored Windows from an earlier image (Dec 2016) when MB was NOT installed so it follows that my current functioning Windows DOES NOT HAVE MB ERROR LOGS nor does it have any other logs between Dec 2016 and Feb 2017 when I installed the image.  Moreover, please note that I am not prepared to reinstall MB again until this issue is resolved because I have no wish to be forced to reinistall an earlier version of Windows again.

Edited by Chevalier
Grammar correction