3.0.4 makes computer unusable...

Just updgraded from 2.x to 3.0.4 and I'm so disappointed - my machine is literally non-stop blocked by Malwarebytes. It can't load half of the webpages and it prevents opening literally every MS office files. All error messages relate to application hardening... That makes this software totally obsolete. What's going on? Do other forum members also experience that?

• Staff

Hello Mikolajek,

In addition to the information that Lisa wanted, we want to have you collect some logs for us. We want to get more information on what anti-exploit is doing when this is occurring. 

You can find the logs in the following locations:

c:\programdata\Malwarebytes\MBAMService\logs\MBAMService.log
c:\programdata\Malwarebytes\MBAMService\mbae-default.log

The directory is hidden by default so you might have to click on "View -> Hidden items" in Explorer to see it. 

Along with this, we want to get a diagnostic log of the system to rule out any conflicts. To do this:

1: Please download FRST from the link below and save it to your desktop:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/farbar-recovery-scan-tool/

2: Double-click the purple FRST icon to run the program. Click Yes when the disclaimer appears.

3: Click the Scan button

4: When the scan has finished, it will make 2 log files in the same directory the tool is run, FRST.txt and Addition.txt. Please attach both files in your reply.

Thank you,

Ron S

• Staff

Hello Mikolajek,

This seems to be a conflict with Kaspersky. We have a list of known conflicts for mbae here:

We do have a fix comming soon to MB3 for this issue but at this time it is not available yet. Please keep the settings disabled for MBAE until we can get this fix rolled out for you!

Hi mikolajek--

The issue you're seeing with Chrome is actually caused by the same problem with Kaspersky.  It affects all browsers.

As Ron mentioned, we're working on integrating the fix that has already been tested in the standalone beta MBAE.  In the meantime, rather than completely disabling Exploit Protection another temporary work-around would be to go to Settings > Protection > Real-Time Protection > Manage Protected Applications and then turn off protection for any browsers you use.  

Thanks,

Kaspersky is the problem. If you open MBAM and go to Settings > Protection > Manage Protected Applications and turn Google Chrome / IE off they should then work just fine. That is what I have done and there are no problems with those 64 bit browsers now.

Edited by mrtee

19 hours ago, mrtee said:

Kaspersky is the problem. If you open MBAM and go to Settings > Protection > Manage Protected Applications and turn Google Chrome / IE off they should then work just fine. That is what I have done and there are no problems with those 64 bit browsers now.

Right... But but doing so you are effectively killing the protection MBAM is supposed to provide, aren't you?

I agree this release is COMPLETE DISASTER. 

Makes computers unusable.

I'm having to uninstall it for all the people I support. Ridiculous.

(And, when I read PCMagazine's review of V3, it would seem that this new release is nowhere near being what it's promoted to be - a replacement for AV....)

Well, not quite impressed with 3.0.5 either... :(

It has fixed several issues but brought new ones, to name a few:

• I can't save any file from Firefox as it crashes immediately when opening open/save window,
  • Malwarebytes service periodically eats 100% of my CPU,
  • malware protection module cannot start randomly when MBAM runs - it then says "starting..." all the time.

Is that still related to Kaspersky issue not fully resolved?