Version 2.2.1.1043 will not run

On two computers, both running Windows 10 Pro x64, I was able to upgrade to Malwarebytes Pro 2.2.1.1043 and reboot. BUT, Malwarebytes Pro would not run.

A Windows 10 message just says a program is having a problem and needs to be closed.

On both, I back leveled Malwarebytes Pro to version 2.2.0.1024. After a week, I tried again on the first and eventually was able to upgrade to 2.2.1.1043 successfully.

But the second computer a MSI Z97M GAMING micro ATX board i3 CPU, 8 GB ram memory system will not work or run if I install 2.2.1.1043. I get no other error messages, just that it is having a problem, on bootup.

Additionally, now running at 2.2.0.1024, even if I remove the setting tick under "Update Settings" for "Check for program updates when checking for database updates" it still nags me to install the latest Malwarebytes 2.2.1.1043.  I hav etried FOUR times and the result after the reboot is that Malwarebytes has had a "problem".

Windows 10 is completely upto date also.

Regards,

BobxT

You guys are not going to believe it but Malwarebytes v2.2.1.1043 now installed for the FIFTH time is now working properly. I am doing a scan now.

Scan completed without error. Did not find anything.

Curious, the only thing I did between attempts was to turn off the hibernation file with the Administrator level command "POWERCFG -H OFF".

The reason I did this is that both of the two systems are simple home file servers. One is old and this one is the new and eventual replacement. Hibernation is a function I do not want on these systems.

Now that I think of it, the first system may also have installed and ran properly after I turned off hibernation there too.

??

Regards, BobxT

Yes, thanks yes my issue IS resolved, in that Malwarebytes v2.2.1.1043 now installed and functional...

Although it does seem odd, that disabling hibernation should be the means of fixing it. To me that raises more questions the developers should investigate - along with the inability of Malwarebytes to be set to be able to ignore a check for program updates.

So I am happy, signing off.. RESOLVED..
Thanks anyway..

Regards, BobxT

Edited by BobxT
spelling

6 minutes ago, BobxT said:

Yes, thanks yes my issue IS resolved, in that Malwarebytes v2.2.1.1043 now installed and functional...

Although it does seem odd, that disabling hibernation should be the means of fixing it. To me that raises more questions the developers should investigate - along with the inability of Malwarebytes to be set to be able to ignore a check for program updates.

So I am happy, signing off.. RESOLVED..
Thanks anyway..

Regards, BobxT

OK, thanks for letting us know.
I'm glad you resolved your issue.

I don't recall seeing similar reports of this issue here in the forum, but I am only a volunteer helper.

We'd be happy to point the QA/Dev team to your thread -- it would help very much, for starters, to have the 3 requested diagnostic logs as native *.TXT files.

Thanks again,

Ok, here are the logs.

BTW, the text below says "Accepted file types doc, csv, docx, dmp, gif, gz, jpg, log, mp3, mp4, png, pdf, psd, rar, wmv, xls, xlsx, zip, txt, 7zip, 7z "

So, if you don't want an archive file you should change the advisory text at the bottom. Just saying..

Regards, BobxT

Addition.txt

CheckResults.txt

FRST.txt

Note: Those logs are from the working Malwarebytes v2.2.0.1024 working on Win10 Pro x64.

BobxT

4 minutes ago, BobxT said:

BTW, the text below says "Accepted file types doc, csv, docx, dmp, gif, gz, jpg, log, mp3, mp4, png, pdf, psd, rar, wmv, xls, xlsx, zip, txt, 7zip, 7z "

So, if you don't want an archive file you should change the advisory text at the bottom. Just saying..

That is not related to your topic at hand, different file types are used for different issues and logs.  These text files you uploaded are small and its convenient to review them in this format and for your case that is why the logs were requested in text format.  A zip file would be used for example on a BSOD crash dump file as the file would be large, so zipping it would save space, or when multiple files are needed to be uploaded.

That being said....

Well we would really like to help you further if we could but since the logs show that this computer has entries designed to steal and/or pirate software we will not be able to assist you without you removing and/or uninstalling the pirated software.

This topic will be closed by one of the Admins or Mods due to evidence of cracked or pirated software on this system.

Piracy Policy

Thank you