Think I have Adware/Malware?

Mario64

51a612a8b27e2-Zoek.png Scan with ZOEK

Please download ZOEK by Smeenk and save it to your desktop.

Temporary disable your AntiVirus and AntiSpyware protection - instructions here.

• Right-click on 51a612a8b27e2-Zoek.png icon and select RunAsAdmin.jpg Run as Administrator to start the tool.

Wait patiently until the main console will appear, it may take a minute or two.

In the main box please paste in the following script:

createsrpoint;
autoclean;
emptyclsid;
chrdefaults;
emptyalltemp;
ipconfig /flushdns >>"%temp%\log.txt";b

Make sure that Scan All Users option is checked.

Push Run Script and wait patiently. The scan may take a couple of minutes.

When the scan completes, a zoek-results logfile should open in notepad.

If a reboot is needed, it will be opened after it. You may also find it at your main drive (usually C:\ drive)

Upload it in your next reply.

Since there are no more problems, we can declare this PC clean thumbs_up_smiley.gif

Now, we can proceed with post-cleanup procedures. Let's remove my tools and create a new, non infected restore point concurrently deleting old ones.

Step 1. - Creation of system restore point and tools removal.

Download DelFix by Xplode and save it to your desktop.

• Run the tool by right click on the 51a5ce45263de-delfix.png icon and Run as administrator option.
  • Make sure that these ones are checked:
    • Remove disinfection tools
    • Purge system restore
    • Reset system settings
  • Push Run and wait until the tool completes his work.
  • All tools we used should be gone. Tool will create an report for you (C:\DelFix.txt). I don't need it for review.
Tool deletes old system restore points and creates a fresh system restore point after cleaning.

Step 2. - Tips and tricks to keep your computer clean, safe and in a good shape.

Security tips - highly recommended reading:

Maintenance tips:Additional software that I personally use and install on all my clients devices:
  • Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware (paid version highly recommended) - to scan your system from time to time in search for malware.
  • Malwarebytes' Anti-Exploit - to prevent plenty of mostly exploited vulnerabilities.
  • McShield - to prevent infections spread by removable media.
  • Unchecky - to prevent from installing additional foistware, implemented in legitimate installations.
  • Adblock - to surf the web without annoying ads!
  • Qualys BrowserCheck - cloud service that scans your browsers and plugins to see if they’re all up-to-date.

My help is free for everybody.

If you're happy with the help provided and/or wish to buy me a beer for the assistance you received, then you can consider a donation: btn_donateCC_LG.gif

Thank you!

Stay safe,

TwinHeadedEagle :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • Root Admin

Glad we could help. :)

If you need this topic reopened, please send a Private Message to any one of the moderating team members. Please include a link to this thread with your request. This applies only to the originator of this thread.

Other members who need assistance please start your own topic in a new thread. Thanks!