MBAE 1.08 Beta Preview

pbust

• Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Are you getting balloon notifications for other running third-party (i.e. non-OS) programs?

that's what Im saying; not for preset shields and not for custom shields

so no notification for OS programs and no notifications for non-OS programs (like Nuance PDF for example. In Windows 7 everything's working including balloon notifications for non-OS programs). I use exactly the same settings in both Window 7 and Windows 10 for Malwarebytes.

I repeat once again: Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit is working perfect; only thing that doesn't work is balloon notifications in Windows 10 which doesn't work at all

I'm sorry but that's just the way it is

• Staff

What I'm asking is you are getting balloon notifications from other installed programs, i.e. not from MBAE. I'm trying to figure out if its an MBAE-specific problem or if you are just not getting ANY balloon notifications from any program installed on your machine.

one more thing: FRST log shows quite a few errors (on Cortana etc.) but those are no errors. I disabled Cortana and lots more because I'm disabling Telemetry and data collection by Microsoft.

This laptop with Windows 10 Pro x64 is a testing machine :-)

And thanks for hanging in there.

no problem at all; I spend lots of time solving pc issues myself and I know some problems can take days to solve ;)

• Staff

@Skunk1966, I see in the logs that the balloon is shown for Slimjet Browser. But only the first time it is executed. Subsequent executions of Slimjet don't show a balloon since the process is still in execution in the background.

Try the following:

1- Close all running applications (browser, Office, etc.)

2- From TaskManager or ProcessExplorer verify that there are no processes running from these applications (slimjet exe, iexplore.exe, etc.). If they are, kill them.

4- Run an application protected by MBAE. Do you get a balloon notification now?

I also had problems with Slimjet not starting (though MBAE signalling starting protection) and after many unsuccessful attempts, uninstall/reinstall, reverting to old versions, finally with a full uninstall (removing all traces) and reinstall did the trick..

further, if one were to change Boot option (Media boot, Safe mode etc.) - not all the time, but can say 80% of the time, this disturbs MBAE, with services not running, no UI and only MBAE.exe running. Then have to try variations to get MBAE back..