my torrent slows after i scan malwarebytes

Hello and welcome:

I don't personally use torrents or other P2P software, but I'm not sure MBAM would necessarily "slow" the process.

MBAM *might* generate IP block notifications.

This is normal, as explained here: Why does Malwarebytes Anti-Malware block BitTorrent or other Peer-to-Peer Programs?

You might want to set a WEB EXCLUSION for the torrent PROCESS, as explained in the User Guide here:

Clicking the Add Process button allows you to exclude a process which would otherwise be blocked from accessing an internet address. Please note that this option is only functional on Windows Vista Service Pack 2, Windows 7, and Windows 8.x. This is typically of value to users who need to access filesharing and/or peer-to-peer applications. On occasion, IP addresses used by these applications may be blacklisted, so that Malwarebytes Website Protection blocks access to the website as a whole. Excluding the IP address makes the user more vulnerable, as would exclusion of the domain (if the website uses a domain name). Excluding the process — providing that the process is not an internet browser — would allow the P2P application to function without increasing risk.

and here: How do I stop Malwarebytes Anti-Malware from blocking a website or network program that I trust?

Thanks,

Hi:

That is correct, Advanced Settings are available only to users with Premium or Trial versions.

If you are only sing MBAM Free, I don't think that it can slow your torrents.
MBAM Free is only a manual, on-demand scanner.
There is no real-time protection.
So it would not be able to interfere with the torrents process in real-time.

If you would like the staff and experts to have a peek at what's going on with your system, please read the following and post back attached to your next reply the 3 requested logs - Diagnostic Logs (the 3 logs are: FRST.txt, Addition.txt and CheckResults.txt)

Thanks,

Hi:

That is correct, Advanced Settings are available only to users with Premium or Trial versions.

If you are only sing MBAM Free, I don't think that it can slow your torrents.

MBAM Free is only a manual, on-demand scanner.

There is no real-time protection.

So it would not be able to interfere with the torrents process in real-time.

If you would like the staff and experts to have a peek at what's going on with your system, please read the following and post back attached to your next reply the 3 requested logs - Diagnostic Logs (the 3 logs are: FRST.txt, Addition.txt and CheckResults.txt)

Thanks,

my trial version already expired.....  cant do the steps anymore...

• Root Admin

Please simply uninstall our program and then your computer will be back to the way it was.

As for using Torrents yes there are certainly many legal torrents one can download though the ones shown in your screen shot are illegal and considered software piracy in most Countries around the World. I would not recommend downloading such programs but the choice is yours.