Vincent from Windows calls me with bad news

BornSlippy

Just had 30 minutes of great fun. I received a call from an Indian chap from 'Windows' informing me that they had been receiving reports over the last few days that my computer was infected with viruses. 

He could show me proof of this by opening Event Viewer. The yellow and red symbols were sign of infection. Yikes, there were loads of them. I need to download from 'teamviewer.com' and run the application and give him the ID and password. I won't bore you with the rest as you've heard it a thousand times. Suffice to say it made a very entertaining break from working although I had to work very hard at playing dumb.

There is one thing that did concern me however, from the background noise I could hear that this scam is being undertaken on a near industrial scale and clearly many were falling for it. This has been going on for years and I won't be naive enough to ask how they continue to get away with it because I know. Sadly I know people who have been duped despite the obvious signs but I thoroughly enjoyed my time with Vincent. Hope I ruined his day. :lol:

Agonizing how much time and money these guys suck up. Ampdan1 on Youtube did a similar fake tech support call. It is currently on their front page. They've done several, in fact ("...guest star Ruiz" video has pretty good one).

A lot of cussing though, didn't like that.

• 1 year later...

LOL I love them but they wont call me again for reasons I can't explain here lol. You mention the industrial scale the last time they rung me he got them all to come and listen to what I was saying as both sides where in hysterics me and them at what I was saying to them it was brutally funny only wish I had recorded it. Best thing is they pay for your fun great stress relief. I also know people who fell for it most elderly.

LOL I love them but they wont call me again for reasons I can't explain here lol. You mention the industrial scale the last time they rung me he got them all to come and listen to what I was saying as both sides where in hysterics me and them at what I was saying to them it was brutally funny only wish I had recorded it. Best thing is they pay for your fun great stress relief. I also know people who fell for it most elderly.

Just so you know, this is a very old thread, and most likely not being followed any longer...

Its normally frowned upon to reply to very old topics to resurrect them.

Thanks for understanding.