MBAM refuses to start

Hello,

Not only will MW not start, but even after running all 13 Cameleons in DOS, it still would not update or even scan.  Scans would start but usally bottom out ~1800 files in, at files such as propsys.dll, ntmarta.dll and wldap32.dll.

Suggestions please?

Thanks, -s

I have the exact same problem, the program has been uninstalled and reinstalled though error are reported on loading, then will not run and even after all the chameleon fixs, will not start.

I have run other malware programs and have a clean system. something pretty cunning going on here. good luck with this one. Regards Paul

ps Please fix Mbam I love it :~)

Start Your Own Topic

Hi, and :welcome: , Paul12345:

Sorry to hear you are having issues.

Each computer is unique.

Problems that sound "the same" most often are not.

The same is true for solutions.

They most often need to be individualized.

It is less confusing for everyone if we try to stick to "one user per topic".

Please start a NEW, SEPARATE topic using the cjfj.png button. (where we can help you in your own topic)

The staff and experts will be able to more easily provide both you and the OP with individual help to get you both up and running.

Thanks for your patience and understanding,

Firefox

Hello and welcome aboard.

Please explaining why you say it ( the Anti-Malware) wont start.  But then a bit later you imply it does start?

Where does it "fail"?

What error message?

Does it get as far as showing the Dashboard screen?

Hi Maurice,

It doesn't get anywhere...when I double-click the shortcut (or even the icon in the actual program folder), the shortcut flickers, then nothing opens up.  After looking at the FAQ's on the website, it sounded like engaging the Chameleons would eventually get the program to actually run a scan or to at least update definitions.  As I described in the OT, all of them stalled after scanning through the the first 1800 files.

I've since noticed that this seems to be a strikingly widespread problem with MBAM...frustrating because I paid for my version of the software instead of using the free version.

-s

Hi, @skotso:

Until Maurice and @Firefox return, let's start with some routine troubleshooting, please:

• Please follow the steps in this pinned topic to uninstall your current version of MBAM and reinstall the latest build - MBAM Clean Removal Process 2x
  • If that does not correct the issue, then please read the following and post back attached to your next reply the 3 requested logs - Diagnostic Logs (the 3 logs are: FRST.txt, Addition.txt and CheckResults.txt)
  • NOTE: There is an FAQ section with valuable information located here - Common Questions, Issues, and their Solutions

Please let us know how it goes.

Thanks,