how do temporarily disable?

• 5 years later...

I need to temporarily disable Malwarebytes in order to install Office 2010. How do I do that? And then turn it back on after installation.

I paid for the license.

Thank you.

You replied to a topic that is from 2009, its normally frowned upon... and the info in this topic does not apply to the current version of Malwarebytes...

That being said, to temporarily disable Malwarebytes so you can install office 2010 simply right click on the Malwarebytes Tray Icon and select exit. Not sure why you have to turn Malwarebytes off to install office 2010 as I have never had to do that. Are you getting an error? Or is Malwarebytes blocking it from installing?

Sorry for breaking the rules. I am new to this forum and don't know the proper way to post a question or respond. As my screen name implies, I truly am computer challenged.

I had Office 2010 installed on my laptop in April -- all has been fine, but now I am receiving a message that it is not activated. When I called the person who I bought  it from and who installed it, he told me I have to turn off all antivirus programs to reactivate it. That's all I know. I have not tried to reactivate it yet.

Thanks for telling me how to turn Malwarebytes off. If you don't mind, how do I turn it back on once I have reactivated Office?

No worries just trying to point you in the right direction.... here are a few points...

First off, Malwarebytes is not an antivirus program, so really there is no need to turn it off to activate/reactivate Microsoft Office 2010.

Second, How are you activating it that requires you to turn off your protection?

Lastly, to answer your question, to turn Malwarebytes back on, simply double click on the Malwarebytes Icon on your desktop if you have it, or find it from the start menu and click on it.