Very Disappointed - A Complaint

I have been using MBAM for a number of years now and with V1 I rarely (if ever) had any problems. Since "upgrading" to V2 I've had no end of problems. My PC freezes, Malicious Website Detection keeps stopping and can't be started again, MBAM refuses to start at all; no icon in the tray and when you double click the desktop icon you get nothing but the UPC prompt asking if it's OK to start.

I have just re-downloaded v1.75 as I refuse to have to go to these lengths for a so called "upgrade". I refuse to have to run diagnostic tools - this should be done in BETA testing, not after release!

For further info though, you may want to know that:

I am running a FRESH installation of Windows 8.1 Pro as I thought it may have been something in Windows that was causing the issues initially

I have carried out the MBAM-Clean process on several occasions (prior to reinstalling and post installation of Windows 8/8.1) and the situation just repeats after a few hours, even if my PC is left on

Neither of the services (using services.msc) will restart. I receive error 1067 for MBAMService and 1053 for MBAMScheduler the later of which is understandable as MBAMService isn't running.

I would like to know if there is a later version of V1 MBAW than 1.75 because until such time these issues are addressed, I can't afford to spend the additional time required to keep V2 running; I'm not one of your BETA testers you know, they get paid!

Your somewhat disgruntled user!

Hello adelphia:

We would like to help anyone with MBAM2 issues. Diagnostic logs are required by the knowledgeable to help you with your issue.

Please consider attaching these requested diagnostic text file logs, in a reply to this thread, after you re-install MBAM2. - Diagnostic Logs.

Thank you. :)

Hello adelphia:

We would like to help anyone with MBAM2 issues. Diagnostic logs are required by the knowledgeable to help you with your issue.

Please consider attaching these requested diagnostic text file logs, in a reply to this thread, after you re-install MBAM2. - Diagnostic Logs.

Thank you. :)

I really don't have the time (or desire) to re-install the software as it is so disruptive to me. I shall just be patient and continue to run V1.75.1300 until I receive a notification V2 is now OK to run.

No offense, but you won't get that exact message.  What you will get, eventually (March 2015), is a message that support for 1.75.1300 is ending.  You also might get a message that includes a changelog for a new build when released if your bug happens to be one of the fixes in that new release.

And while I can understand that it is disruptive to your normal workflow on a daily basis, without people installing it and using it bugs will not be found, and without them being found, they cannot be fixed.

Fortunately, though, it seems as if the bug you've described has been reported by others as well,