Please offer current updates that can be manually downloaded

Because my laptop doesn't do 32bit browsers and anti-malware I need current definition files I can download manually to keep malwarebytes current. The most recent I have is 3/15...way out of date...a week or so is fine...even once a month would be better...really, how hard is that.

I'm sure many have infected or impaired systems that would benefit from such an option.

Other solutions that would help my situation would be a 64bit mbam or a way to copy uptodate definition files from an updated MBAM to another across the network.

Because my laptop doesn't do 32bit browsers and anti-malware I need current definition files I can download manually to keep malwarebytes current. The most recent I have is 3/15...way out of date...a week or so is fine...even once a month would be better...really, how hard is that?
I'm sure many have infected or impaired systems that would benefit from such an option.

Other solutions that would help my situation would be a 64bit mbam or a way to copy uptodate definition files from an updated MBAM to another across the network.

Thanks for considering my suggestion

Hi:

The previous method used for offline updates for version 1.x was not secure.

The team has mentioned that they are working on a new method for 2.x.

We would need to wait for an official status update from the staff, however.

As far as other methods to get MBAM to run on infected machines, MBAM now contains built-in technology, such as Chameleon, to help with that.

Thanks,

daledoc1

Hi:

OOPS!

I think you are probably referring to MBAM (Malwarebytes Anti-Malware), not to MBAE (Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit)? :)

And you have a similar post here?

EDIT: Looks as if the mod team has relocated this topic from the MBAE section -- thanks!

Please see the reply in that thread. :)

Thanks,

daledoc1

• 2 months later...

Methinks I have a solution to my problem...and yours if you find this post while looking for manual updates to download: My problem was that I couldn't update MBAM due to an impairment on a laptop....this could be generalized as an impairment on any PC so it can't download updates...caused by...oh, say, malware. 

My solution was to download and install on a USB drive, the portable version of MBAM  I got it here http://portablexapps.blogspot.com/2012/08/malwarebytes-anti-malware-portable.html

I installed portable MBAM on the USB on an unimpaired PC, updated it with the latest signatures. Then I removed the USB and plugged it into the impaired PC where it is now scanning with the latest update in place.

This portable solution offers the added advantage that the USB based MBAM can be used on any other PC after a quick update.

MrToad

Hi, MrToad2:

Actually, staff will correct me if I am wrong, but I do not believe that the tool you downloaded is supported or "legal" for use without violating the EULA.

There is no official "portable" version of MBAM for consumer use; there is a Techbench tool available to computer technicians.

Having said that....Just very recently available there has been a change where you can now download an offline updater.

There is a new mbam-rules link: =>HERE<=

The link will download 1 zip file, where the name of the file is mbam-rules-YYYY-MM-DD.zip

Something to note:

There are 2 files now within that zip folder:

o Mbam-rules.exe

o Mbam2-rules.exe

They are specific to the version, so mbam-rules is for any MBAM 1.x installation, whereas mbam2-rules is for any MBAM 2.x installation.

In the future it will have a README included with instructions for users, but for now it is only the executables.

Thank you,