Hi All...and where do I post a new question?

DogPal

Hi Everyone  :unsure:

What a great surprise it was to find out that MalwareBytes has a Forum!!!  I've used MBAM as part of my maintenance plan for many years but having a Forum dedicated to this excellent program is just what I need...Thanks for being here!!!

I guess you've figured out that I'm new here; I just joined very early this morning when some nasty stuff was picked up in my last 2 scans.  I've been looking around, but I don't know where I should post my question. I found this section and thought I should introduce myself and hopefully someone will guide me so I don't make too many mistakes.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Gratefully,

DogPal

"Dogs may not be our whole life, but they make our lives whole"

by Roger Caras

• Root Admin

:welcome:

You can post here, just as long as it's not about the Steelers :P

We can move the post if needed to the appropriate location.

If it's about an infected computer we typically want a first post here
https://forums.malwarebytes.org/index.php?showforum=41

Please run the following scanner and send back the logs.

Download DDS from one of the locations below and save to your Desktop
dds.scr
dds.com

Temporarily disable any script blocker if your Anti-Virus/Anti-Malware has it.
How To Temporarily Disable Your Anti-virus, Firewall And Anti-malware Programs

Once downloaded you can disconnect from the Internet and disable your Ant-Virus temporarily if needed.
Then double click dds.scr or dds.com to run the tool.
Click the Run button if prompted with an Open File - Security Warning dialog box.
A black DOS console should open and run for a moment.

• When done, DDS will open two (2) logs:
    • DDS.txt
    • Attach.txt
  • Save both reports to your desktop
  • Please include the following logs in your next reply as an attachment: DDS.txt and Attach.txt
  • You can ignore the note about zipping the Attach.txt file and just post it or attach it.

Hi Again!

Thanks so much for the nice welcomes & instructions. I ran the DDS program & I wanted to include a copy of the 2 MBAM scans but I cant find them on my PC!!! I think I looked everywhere, but maybe I missed some hidden location. Where would I find the 2 MBAM text files?  I know I used the "save as" method for both of them but they seem to have disappeared! As far as the 2 text files on my laptop. how do I make them an attachment?  I usually don't deal with attachments (as you can tell) so do I right-click & "select all" then "paste" them here, or is there a much smarter way? I must apologize for my inexperience...I've been using a PC since 1999, but there are SO MANY things I still don't know how to do!!! :blush:

Thanks so much for your patience & understanding.

DogPal

"Dogs may not be our whole life, but they make our lives whole"

by Roger Caras

After you run the DDS program it will place the dds.txt and attach.txt files on your desktop. To attach them here, click on the More Reply Options in the bottom of the window you are typing in when you reply to this topic. Then you will see the options to Browse to the two files on the desktop, do one at a time and each time you will have to click on Attach This File....