Rutinary inspection

Owww but is a simple question to answer yes or not.

What I mean is that amb proposes some items marked for ellimination and others no.

Does this because the unmarked are not dangerous ?

Usually only have to elliminate the marked ones ?

The PC is going superb now. I don't elliminate the items not marked.....

I think is a general question you can answer in general. If not I can search for the log.

• Root Admin

Well I'm sorry but I do not understand your acronym usage here and what it is you're actually asking.

What I think you might be asking is why are some infections marked for removal and others are not.

If that is your question it can be controlled in the Settings tab and then Scanner Settings

Thanks

Hello Aprengo,

I would suggest you post your Malwarebytes Anti-malware ( MBAM ) scan log so we can "see" for review.

IF this is Windows XP, the log would be under this folder

C:\Documents and Settings\(Your Profile Name)\Application Data\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\Logs

IF this is Windows Vista or Win7 or Win8:

C:\Users\<USERNAME>\AppData\Roaming\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\Logs

We need the most current one that starts with the name mbam-log-2013 ( with the latest time & Date stamp)

(b) My suggestion is for the following settings in MBAM.

Start your MBAM MalwareBytes' Anti-Malware.

Click the Settings Tab and then the General Settings sub-tab. Make sure all option lines have a checkmark.

Then click the Scanner settings sub-tab in second row of tabs. Make sure all option lines have a checkmark.

look down the screen to Action for potentially unwanted programs PUP &

& Action for potentially unwanted modifications PUM &

& Action for peer-to-peer software P2P

For each one of the 3

select "Show in results list and check for removal" from the drop down (arrow) selections.

• 3 weeks later...