[SOLVED] Malwarebytes Anti exploit

Sgt8388

Download beta of above.  Open Fire Fox no problem.  Try to open Internet explorer and program states Anti Exploit blocked an Exploit Attempt.  I realize this is beta version.  What is it telling me?  Something attached to Internet Explorer exploiting it? 

Ran Malwarebytes full scan and shows no malicious software.  Just trying to understand the program.

Thanks

• Root Admin

Can you try to Reset Internet Explorer settings and see if that helps.

If that does not help then please post some logs so we can get a better look at whats running on your system.

Please run the following scanner and send back the logs.

Download DDS from one of the locations below and save to your Desktop

dds.scr

dds.com

Temporarily disable any script blocker if your Anti-Virus/Anti-Malware has it.

How To Temporarily Disable Your Anti-virus, Firewall And Anti-malware Programs

Once downloaded you can disconnect from the Internet and disable your Ant-Virus temporarily if needed.

Then double click dds.scr or dds.com to run the tool.

Click the Run button if prompted with an Open File - Security Warning dialog box.

A black DOS console should open and run for a moment.

• When done, DDS will open two (2) logs:
    • DDS.txt
    • Attach.txt
  • Save both reports to your desktop
  • Please include the following logs in your next reply: DDS.txt and Attach.txt

You can ignore the note about zipping the Attach.txt file in most cases.

Next, Please download MiniToolBox save it to your desktop and run it.

Checkmark the following check-boxes:

• Flush DNS
  • Report IE Proxy Settings
  • Reset IE Proxy Settings
  • Report FF Proxy Settings
  • Reset FF Proxy Settings
  • List content of Hosts
  • List IP configuration
  • List Winsock Entries
  • List last 10 Event Viewer log
  • List Installed Programs
  • List Devices
  • List Users, Partitions and Memory size.
  • List Minidump Files
Click Go and post the result (Result.txt). A copy of Result.txt will be saved in the same directory the tool is run.

Note: When using Reset FF Proxy Settings option Firefox should be closed.

Thanks

Wow thanks for the reply.  Reset Internet Explorer advanced to default.  Same result.  As far as the rest I think I will pass as I can follow most of it it is not something I want to get into.  I almost exclusively use Fire Fox and will disable Exploit if I need to use Internet Exlorer. 

Thanks again.

Guest ROCKNROLLKID

This product now has a exclusion system built into it. You may add this to your exclusion list and, as a result, you should be able to use internet explorer without completely disabling it.

Hey ROCKINROLLKID! It's been a while since we chated. Congratulations to the ZVL team on the merger! I've been a beta tester for ES for some time and I'm still currently using ExploitShield Browser Edition 0.9.1. Is it necessary to uninstall ES at this time and install the new MB Anti-Exploit program or is it basically the same program with just a different name/GUI. If no significant changes have been made to the program then I would assume it's ok to keep it for now unless/untill Malwarebytes rolls out a new version with changes worth updating to. Some clarification on this would be apreciated

Download beta of above.  Open Fire Fox no problem.  Try to open Internet explorer and program states Anti Exploit blocked an Exploit Attempt.  I realize this is beta version.  What is it telling me?  Something attached to Internet Explorer exploiting it? 

Ran Malwarebytes full scan and shows no malicious software.  Just trying to understand the program.

Thanks

I have a similar problem. In my case when trying to open google chrome it crashes instantly, but there are no problems opening internet explorer and it runs normally. When MBAE is exited or its protection stopped google chrome opens normally.

Guest ROCKNROLLKID

@ritchie58: Glad you can join us. I have just filled in Wilpower about the new community here and I will send a PM your way about what is going on. As to this version, the only thing that was changed was the looks to make it look more like mbam and the exclusive system, which doesn't seem to be working at the moment. Nice of you to join us and any help would be appreciated.

@ardaulairesh: Yes this is a known bug for awhile. A fix will be avaibile in our next release. Past beta's were more concentrated on detection and stopping exploits at an early stage.

MBAE is working now OK on this machine. Possibily because I uninstalled Trusteer's Rapport.

Problems with MS Office I din't have and still don't have.

Windows7 Ultimate (64)

Office 2013 Professional Plus

MBAM 1.75.0.1300

NOD32 7.0.28.0

HostMan 4.0.95