Opinions of CA Internet Security Suite

exile360

Actually, it's quite possible. Have you analyzed all the junk that loads very early in the boot process for CA (you can use Autoruns and a good rootkit scanner like RootRepeal to look into it :D )? And none of it lets you alter whether it starts up or how. I know they do it to protect their AV, but they have some really nasty low-level stuff going on there, far too much in my opinion. I'm just thankful to be rid if it. It slowed performance terribly and had less than stellar detection rates.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Exile, at least you seem to have a boss who listens to his employer's sound advise.

Exile, you should ask to be considered for a payrise for that advice; why not suggest it to your boss? After all time and again you demonstrate your wide knowledge and expertise here and I don't doubt that you do the same at your place of work. :)

Remind your boss(es) that their work computers are now running more efficiently and faster than ever and that you can get more work done in the same time and that a fair reward would be increased pay. It's the very least they can do. :)

And given that you have had to put up with what sounds like sludgy "protective [:D]" software for ages and no doubt had more than your fair share of hair-pulling, head-scratching moments with it I reckon that that should add a bit of weight to your payrise claim. :)

Exile, you should ask to be considered for a payrise for that advice; why not suggest it to your boss? After all time and again you demonstrate your wide knowledge and expertise here and I don't doubt that you do the same at your place of work. :lol:

Remind your boss(es) that their work computers are now running more efficiently and faster than ever and that you can get more work done in the same time and that a fair reward would be increased pay. It's the very least they can do. :)

And given that you have had to put up with what sounds like sludgy "protective [:lol:]" software for ages and no doubt had more than your fair share of hair-pulling, head-scratching moments with it I reckon that that should add a bit of weight to your payrise claim. :lol:

Hehe, my boss doesn't really seem to trust my opinion. I don't think he has any idea that I even participate so actively on the MBAM forum. He trusts the local computer tech shop, who ream him badly and do poor work (at least in my opinion :) ). They're the ones who sold him CA, likely because they make some juicy affiliate money. I don't think he even knows half the stuff I do to keep our computer up to date and secure but I refuse to work on a machine that's questionable.