outgoing alert everytime i open internet explorer

Hello and welcome, Geddy1961: :)

IP blocks can mean MBAM is doing its job, by blocking bad content on websites, or it could be "normal" if you are running Skype or certain types of P2P programs.

Rarely, it can be a false positive.

Sometimes, however, it can indicate that you might be infected, especially if you see outgoing blocks when you do not have an open browser.

This is explained in more detail here: What does it mean when I get an IP alert about blocking a 'malicious' site?

After reading that topic, if you think you might be infected, please follow the recommendations here: Available Assistance for Possibly Infected Computers

An expert will assist you with checking/cleaning your system.

HTH,

daledoc1

Hi, Geddy1961: :)

It appears that you recently posted in the General forum section about this same problem? http://forums.malwar...howtopic=122079 :)

The IP blocks can be a sign of infection.

So, if resetting IE, as suggested by Porthos >>HERE<<, didn't stop the blocks, the safest course of action would be to please follow these recommendations -- an expert will assist you with checking your computer for possible malware infections:

Hello and welcome, Geddy1961: :)

IP blocks can mean MBAM is doing its job, by blocking bad content on websites, or it could be "normal" if you are running Skype or certain types of P2P programs.

Rarely, it can be a false positive.

Sometimes, however, it can indicate that you might be infected, especially if you see outgoing blocks when you do not have an open browser.

This is explained in more detail here: What does it mean when I get an IP alert about blocking a 'malicious' site?

>>After reading that topic, if you think you might be infected, please follow the recommendations here: Available Assistance for Possibly Infected Computers

An expert will assist you with checking/cleaning your system.

Thanks! :)

daledoc1

• Root Admin

Yes use did post same topic in General so I merged it from PC Help back to the original post.

I would suggest following the advice from the topic here Available Assistance for Possibly Infected Computers and having one of the Experts assist you with looking into your issue.