Setup not completing can't install an exe

I tried to reinstall my MalwareBytes and now everytime I try it ends up stopping at a point where it can't rename this file:

C:\Program Files(x86)\Malwarebytes'Anti-Malware\Chameleon\svchost.exe

in the destination directory.

I haven't made an changes to the program and i'm trying to see if it's possible to go ahead and uninstall the entire thing and try again.

Please do the following and let us know if this corrects the issue for you or not.

• Download and run mbam-clean.exe from here
  • It will ask to restart your computer, please allow it to do so Very Important
  • After the computer restarts, temporarily disable your Anti-Virus and install the latest version of Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware from here
    • Note: You will need to reactivate the program using the license you were sent via email if using the Pro version
      You can also look up your ID and Key from the Registry and copy and paste it to a Notepad document before running the mbam-clean utility.
      Location for Windows x86

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware

Location for Windows x64

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware

If you cannot locate your registration in the Registry and no longer have access to your order number you can contact Cleverbridge to obtain information about your order and registration information.
      Cleverbridge customer service
    • Launch the program and set the Protection and Registration. Then go to the UPDATE tab if not done during installation and check for updates.
      Restart the computer again and verify that MBAM is in the task tray if using the Pro version. Now setup any file exclusions as may be required in your Anti-Virus/Internet-Security/Firewall applications and restart your Anti-Virus/Internet-Security applications. You may use the guides posted in the FAQ's here or ask and we'll explain how to do it.

• Root Admin

Well the system may be infected and preventing it.

Here are the steps needed to get your computer cleaned....

Please read the following so that you can begin the cleaning process:

Don't use any temporary file cleaners unless requested - this can cause data loss and make recovery difficult

You have 3 Options that you can choose from as listed below:

• Option 1 —— Free Expert advice in the Malware Removal Forum
  • Option 2 —— Paying customer -- Contact Support via email
  • Option 3 —— Premium, Fee-Based Support

OPTION 1

As we don't deal with malware removal in the
General Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware Forum
, you need to start a topic in the

Malware Removal forum

so a qualified helper can help you fix any malware related problems or infections you may have.
  • Please read and follow the directions here, skipping any steps you are unable to complete.
  • After posting your new post, make sure under options, you select Follow this topic and choose Instantly,
    so that you're alerted when someone has replied to your post.

NOTE: Please do not post back to (bump) your topic within the first 48 hours.

Replying to your own posts changes the post count and helpers are looking for topics with zero replies.

If you reply to your own post helpers may think that you're already being helped and thus overlook your post.

• If there is no reply from any experts after 48 hours, you can reply to the topic, asking for help again.
      Or
    • You may send a Private Message to a Moderator asking for assistance.

OPTION 2

Alternatively, as a paying customer, you can contact the help desk
here

OPTION 3

If you would like to use our
Malwarebytes Premium Consumer Services
partner, Comprehensive solutions to all your computer support needs—from installation and set-up to troubleshooting and tune-ups go to our
Malwarebytes Premium Services
support site.

Please be patient, someone will assist you as soon as possible.

So I poked around in the FAQ and found my answer; however i'm having difficulty setting up my exclusions under the McAfee section here:

http://forums.malwar...98

Particularly under the Prevent installation of Browser Helper Objects and Shell Extensions of the Common Standard Protection heading

I have been able to follow the rest of the instructions and excluded the other ExEs except for this one, and I have not renabled my McAfee.

I just can't type in the mbam.exe, apparently there is no room under exclusions, the following is what I copied from the Exclusions box:

???setup.exe, ??setup.exe, ?setup.exe, ahnun000.tmp, autoup.exe, avtask.exe, boxinfo.exe, C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\McAfee\SystemCore\csscan.exe, C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\McAfee\SystemCore\dainstall.exe, C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\McAfee\SystemCore\mcshield.exe, C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\McAfee\SystemCore\mfehidin.exe, C:\Program Files (x86)\McAfee\VirusScan Enterprise\mcadmin.exe, C:\Program Files (x86)\McAfee\VirusScan Enterprise\mcconsol.exe, C:\Program Files (x86)\McAfee\VirusScan Enterprise\mcupdate.exe, C:\Program Files (x86)\McAfee\VirusScan Enterprise\restartVSE.exe, C:\Program Files (x86)\McAfee\VirusScan Enterprise\scan32.exe, C:\Program Files (x86)\McAfee\VirusScan Enterprise\scncfg32.exe, C:\Program Files (x86)\McAfee\VirusScan Enterprise\shcfg32.exe, C:\Program Files (x86)\McAfee\VirusScan Enterprise\shstat.exe, C:\Program Files (x86)\McAfee\VirusScan Enterprise\VSCore\dainstall.exe, C:\Program Files (x86)\McAfee\VirusScan Enterprise\VSCore\x64\dainstall.exe, C:\Program Files (x86)\McAfee\VirusScan Enterprise\vstskmgr.exe, C:\Program Files (x86)\McAfee\VirusScan Enterprise\x64\scan64.exe, C:\Program Files\Common Files\McAfee\SystemCore\csscan.exe, C:\Program Files\Common Files\McAfee\SystemCore\dainstall.exe, C:\Program Files\Common Files\McAfee\SystemCore\mcshield.exe, C:\Program Files\Common Files\McAfee\SystemCore\mfehidin.exe, cfgeng.exe, cleanup.exe, cmdagent.exe, dahotfix.exe, dasetup.exe, dstest.exe, earthagent.exe, EngineServer.exe, f-secu*, f-secure automa*, fixccs.exe, fnrb32.exe, framepkg.exe, framepkg_upd.exe, frameworks*, frminst.exe, fspex.exe, getdbhtp.exe, giantantispywa*, idsinst.exe, ie-kb*.exe, ieupdate.exe, ii_nt86.exe, ikernel.exe, ilaunchr.exe, inodist.exe, InsFireTdi.exe, iv_nt86.exe, javatrig.exe, js56nen.exe, kb*.exe, LogonUI.exe, lsetup.exe, lucoms*, luupdate.exe, McAfeeHIP_Clie*, mcscancheck.exe, mcscript*, mctray.exe, mdac_qfe.exe, mfeann.exe, mfehidin.exe, msi*.tmp, msiexec.exe, mue_inuse.exe, naimserv.exe, naprdmgr.exe, naprdmgr64.exe, narepl32.exe, ncdaemon.exe, nv11esd.exe, ofcservice.exe, paddsupd.exe, pavagent.exe, pavsrv50.exe, pskmssvc.exe, regsvcs.exe, regsvr32.exe, SAEDisable.exe, SAEuninstall.exe, setlicense.exe, setup*.exe, setup.exe, setupre.exe, Setup_SAE.exe, sevinst.exe, siteadv.exe, spuninst.exe, sqlredis.exe, sucer.exe, supdate.exe, sysocmgr.exe, tmlisten.exe, tsc.exe, udaterui.exe, uninstall.exe, update.exe, updater.exe, updaterui.exe, v3cfgu.exe, vbs56nen.exe, VirusScanAdvancedServer.exe, vmscan.exe, winlogon.exe, wintdist.exe, wuauclt.exe, _ins*._mp

Hello KeijiKotaro,

Those where for McAfee VirusScan Enterprise 8.x

Set Exclusions for Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware in McAfee Total Protection 2011:

• Open McAfee and click on Navigation in the upper right hand corner.
  • Click on Firewall located under Features.
  • Click on Program Permissions and wait for the list to populate.
  • Click the Add button and then click browser.
  • Add the following files to the firewall with full access:
    Note: On 64 bit Windows versions these files will be located in C:\Program Files (x86)\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
    • C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbam.exe
    • C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbamservice.exe

[*]Click OK

[*]Close the McAfee main window and restart your computer.

Set Exclusions for McAfee Total Protection 2011 in Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware:

• Open Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and click on the Ignore List tab
  • Click the Add button on the lower left
  • In the small browse window that opens, navigate to C:\Program Files and click once on McAfee and click OK.
  • Click the Add button on the lower left
  • In the small browse window that opens, navigate to C:\Program Files and click once on McAfee.com and click OK.
  • Click on the Add button on the lower left
  • In the small browse window that opens, navigate to C:\Program Files\Common Files and click once on McAfee and click OK.
    Note: For 64 bit Windows versions these folders will be in C:\Program Files (x86)
  • Close Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware

If these do not resolve your issue, please Follow AdvancedSetup's instructions above.

Thank You

Thank You Wide Glide but my McAfee Softare is indeed McAfee VirusScan Enterprise 8.x

I will set exclusions on the MBAM listing but I still do not know how to set the final exclusions in the McAfee VirusScan Enterprise for Prevent installation of Browser Helper Objects and Shell Extensions of the Common Standard Protection.