Problem with internet connection after running Combofix

junkhead

Hi, I recently ran Combofix to fix a malware infection and I think it might have done something to my internet connection when my computer wakes up from sleeping. When my computer wakes from sleeping now it takes 30-45 seconds to connect to the internet whereas it used to connect right away. I'm not positive it was running Combofix that did it, I also recently installed Skype and Skype has done things to my computer before as well (like not allowing my computer to sleep even when Skype was not on and Skype was not set up to start up automatically. Uninstalling Skype didn't fix the problem and Skype isn't set to start automatically now either. I also ran scans with MSE and Malwarebytes and the scans are coming back clean) but those are the only two things that I can think of. It's not a hardware problem AFAIK because my laptop is connected to the same router that my desktop is and my laptop connects right away after sleeping just like my desktop used to. I've tried doing various tips and tricks after google searches of similar problems, my drivers are updated, etc, but the problem still persists. My question is what should I do? The Windows re-install DVD has different options for stuff like this that stops short of a complete re-install doesn't it? I'm almost to the point of doing a complete re-install of Win7 but don't want to mess with having to get another activation key for Office, etc. Any suggestions? Thanks a bunch for any help.

Hello and welcome to Malwarebytes

Sorry to hear your infected. Running tools such as Combofix without expert advice or assistance can be harmful to your computer. That being said, and since you mentioned you were infected, please pick one of the options below to get expert advice on how to clean up the infestation.

If you think you are infected, here are the steps needed to get your computer cleaned....

Please read the following so that you can begin the cleaning process:

IMPORTANT: Don't use any temporary file cleaners unless requested - this can cause data loss and make recovery difficult

You have 3 Options that you can choose from as listed below:

• Option 1 —— Free Expert advice in the Malware Removal Forum
  • Option 2 —— Paying customer -- Contact Support via email
  • Option 3 —— Premium, Fee-Based Support

OPTION 1

As we don't deal with malware removal in the General Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware Forum, you need to start a topic in the

Malware Removal forum so a qualified helper can help you fix any malware related problems/infections you may have.

• Please read and follow the directions >>Right HERE<<, skipping any steps you are unable to complete.
  • After posting your new post, make sure under options, you select Track this topic and choose Immediate Email Notification,
    so that you're alerted when someone has replied to your post.

NOTE: Please do not post back to (bump) your topic within the first 48 hours.

Replying to your own posts changes the post count and helpers are looking for topics with zero replies.

If you reply to your own post helpers may think that you're already being helped and thus overlook your post.

• If there is no reply from any experts after 48 hours, you can reply to the topic, asking for help again.
    Or
  • You may send a Private Message to a Moderator asking for assistance.

OPTION 2

Alternatively, as a paying customer, you can contact the help desk by filling out the form located >>Right HERE<<

OPTION 3

If you would like to use our Malwarebytes Premium Services, Comprehensive solutions to all your computer support needs—from installation and set-up to troubleshooting and tune-ups go to our Malwarebytes Premium Services support site >>Right HERE<<

Please be patient, someone will assist you as soon as possible.

PS: Please use the "Reply to this Topic" or "More Reply Options" buttons (instead of the “Quote” and “MultiQuote” buttons) when replying here & at the other forums. That will make your topic easier to follow. :)

Hi, thanks for that. I did come here for help and was advised by an expert here to run Combofix. As far as I know I'm not infected since Combofix has been run. What I'm asking about now is possible after effects of running Combofix. Like I say, I'm not positive it was Combofix that did it since I've also gotten a new modem recently but Combofix has wonked up my system in the past and my laptop, which is connected to the same modem/router that my desktop is, runs fine so I don't think it's a hardware/modem issue. Any help in fixing the lag in my internet connection would be most appreciated.

• Root Admin

You were helped here by Gammo but never replied so your ticket was closed

Live security platinum

http://forums.malwar...howtopic=114022

You were helped here by Larry Tate

Posted 05 September 2012 - 08:30 AM

Help with dds log?

http://forums.malwar...howtopic=115355

Unfortunately you probably need to open another new topic in the HJT forum and let someone dig in deeper and see what they can find.

We don't work on that type of analysis and scanning here in the general forums. You can run a DDS scan and I can take a quick look but if not something easily shown you'll need to go back to the HJT forum to get help.

Thanks

Please run the following scanner and send back the logs.

Download DDS from one of the locations below and save to your Desktop

dds.scr

dds.com

Temporarily disable any script blocker if your Anti-Virus/Anti-Malware has it.

How To Temporarily Disable Your Anti-virus, Firewall And Anti-malware Programs

Once downloaded you can disconnect from the Internet and disable your Ant-Virus temporarily if needed.

Then double click dds.scr or dds.com to run the tool, on Vista or Win 7 right click and select Run as administrator

Click the Run button if prompted with an Open File - Security Warning dialog box.

A black DOS console should open and run for a moment.

When done, DDS will open two (2) logs:
  1. DDS.txt
  2. Attach.txt

• Save both reports to your desktop
  • Please include the following logs in your next reply: DDS.txt and Attach.txt
    You can ignore the note about zipping the Attach.txt file in most cases.

• Root Admin

Well you can't keep doing a Restore as that can bring back the infection.

RP572: 9/21/2012 2:38:46 PM - Restore Operation

Please open a ticket on the help desk and ask for me and provide the link to your post here please and I will assist you.

http://www.malwarebytes.org/contact_consumer/

Thanks