firefox freaking out on mail.yahoo.com

fivealive

Is the date on your computer changed?

Main login page working fine here; mail.yahoo.com. Newest FX, WIN7 64bit

Edited by mountaintree16

• Root Admin

Probably not malware related but could be due to junk or possibly just a minor hiccup on the mail server side.

If you want you can give this tool a try.

You might want to try out this adware cleaner and see if it can find any junk on your system.

Download the adwCleaner

http://general-chang...de/2-adwcleaner

Run the Tool

Windows Vista and Windows 7 users

Right click on the adwCleaner.exe program and select the option "Run as administrator"

Select the SEARCH button.

When the scan completes, it will open a notepad document.

Please save this file somewhere you can remember where it is and attach it on your next reply.

heres the document you requested.

and on an aside note none of my other scans show up and iv seen this issue on multiple computers in my house

also i dont always get this issue some times it pops up frequiently sometimes it doesnt but its always when im going to sign into an email address NEVER when im going to an email inbox.

heres the steps i took to access my email by the way that caused this issue.

so i went to mail.yahoo.com signed out of my rogers email addresss and then went back to mail.yahoo.com and signed into my yahoo.com email address. once i finished checking the emails in the inbox i signed out.

then went to mail.yahoo.com yet again and this time firefox poped up about it not being safe and reason being the security certificate was for mail.yahoo.net not mail.yahoo.com

i waited about 10 minutes and tryed again and the issue didnt show up

AdwCleanerR1.txt

• Root Admin

Log is clean. Odd though. Suppose could only suggest deleting all cookies and cache and clear DNS and see if that helps or not.

From an Admin console prompt

IPCONFIG /FLUSHDNS

arp -d *

There are other things one could do but it could just be a fluke too if you can't duplicate the issue.

Basically it forces the system to request new DNS information. The host file is treated as a personal document(in terms of cleaning caches etc it does not usually clean this) and looks there first then requests the DNS info if it's not present in the hosts file. You can also clean your DNS cache within Hostsman. :)