MBAM Pro (on demand) v Free version

Hi

In the MIcrosoft Security Essentials forum the moderators say it's OK to use the free version of MBAM alongside MSE but not the pro version even if real time protection is disabled. I'd prefer to use the Pro version (I've got a licence for it) even if I have to disable protection - there's still the automatic updates and flash scan.

I'd like to hear from the technical people here before deciding on whether to activate MBAM with MSE.

Hi jamjar,

Malwarebytes Anti-Malware PRO should have no issue when running alongside Microsoft Security Essentials. If you do run into issues, or you'd rather be on the safe side just in case, please refer to our FAQ Section I which clearly demonstrates how to set exclusions for both products so they don't interfere with each other's actions.

Hi jamjar -

You will find that this is a "standard" reply from Microsoft forums regarding any 3rd party Anti-Malware system.

Please take the advice offered above, and you will have no problems -

Flash scan is optional, but it is the main Active Protection that is more important than anything.

Updates can be set to not conflict with your MSE Antivirus. Again I use MSE as my AntiVirus program -

Thank You -