Internal and external graphic

Hi,

I have a laptop (HP), whenever I have run this program which gives some details about the computer, I notice the internal graphic is always active and default. Then my question is what benefit from the external graphic and when it is active and default.

47200930.png

lllfn.png

It simply reads a string and if it is a known MFG it displays their icon. It has no real value besides looking visually appealing.

Thank you very much, I think there is quite a misunderstanding, though. I have been asking about I notice the internal graphic is always active and default. But the other external one is not, then my question is what benefit from the external graphic and when it defaultly works

<kibbitz>

I cannot tell what you mean by internal or external. Seems to me the "applet" shows the corporate logo for the manufacturer of the sub-system that is looked up.

The micro-processor is by Intel, so it shows that logo.

The graphic card is by ATI, so it shows that logo.

Bottom line, imho, is that you need to address these questions onto the HP manufacturer support forum.

Guest Seagull

I think what he is trying say what is the difference between integrated graphics compared to an external graphics card.

The Intel Integrated graphics (Intel) are built into the motherboard where as the Ati is its own separate graphics card, thats what the screen shots look like to me anyway.

The only real difference between the two would probably only be noticed if you were playing some 3D intensive games where as the Ati would be a better choice then.

Some motherboards come with a graphics chip built right into the board but you can still have an external, separate, graphics card that is if you have a slot for one.

I personally would just leave it on its default, especially since its a laptop.

That is my take from what I understand from looking at the screen shots.

I hope this helps. :)