Question about the scan logs

Hi,

I'm using the latest pro version 1.60.1.1000 on Win7 Pro x64 and have the language set to french.

However, when I consult the scan logs, there seems to be a problem :

- all the logs related to scheduled scans are displayed in english and the line "protection" always says : disabled

- all the logs related to manual scans are (correctly) displayed in french and the line "protection" always says : enabled.

Thanks for your help & suggestions ! :)

Hello and welcome to the Malwarebytes support forum. Thank you for choosing Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware as your malware security solution, my name is Oscar Rubio and I'll be assisting you today.

That is expected when using Malwarebytes, the protection logs will be in English.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

The protection module being listed as disabled when a scan is executed silently from the SYSTEM account is a known issue and we plan to have that fixed in a future release.

Thanks for this information; and why the language differences in scan logs between manual & scheduled (silent) scan results (see my first post above) ?

Thanks for your assistance ! :)

That has to do with the language settings for the SYSTEM account as well. That being said, you can override the language settings for all user accounts on the computer (including the SYSTEM account) by setting the Language setting under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware to the language you desire. You'll need to navigate to that key and create a STRING value and name it Language and set the value data to the name of the language file that you use, which in this case would be french.lng.

Note that if you are running a 64 bit Windows version that the key will be HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Wow6432Node\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware.

You're most welcome Oscar :).

And for anyone reading this thread, the reason the procedure posted here works is because starting with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware version 1.51 and continuing in every version since, any of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware's settings contained in the registry under HKCU can be overridden for all users by setting it under HKLM as referenced in the changelog for that release located here.

That has to do with the language settings for the SYSTEM account as well. That being said, you can override the language settings for all user accounts on the computer (including the SYSTEM account) by setting the Language setting under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware to the language you desire. You'll need to navigate to that key and create a STRING value and name it Language and set the value data to the name of the language file that you use, which in this case would be french.lng.

Note that if you are running a 64 bit Windows version that the key will be HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Wow6432Node\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware.

Excellent : the a/m procedure (for 64 bit Windows, in my case) worked perfectly; after changing the registry, I ran a "one time" scheduled test scan and the results log is now also displayed in french ! :)

Thanks a lot for your time & helpful assistance in this matter.