Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware + SUPERAntiSpyware & Avast Anti-Virus

I have 2 more questions...

1. I use Firefox for internet browsing. How SpywareBlaster handles Firefox updates? If Firefox updates itself, will SpywareBlaster still work right with the new FF version? I heard about some problems with FF/SB combination... Do you use Firefox with SpywareBlaster? Any problems?

2. Has SpywareBlaster many "false positives" - meaning it won't allow me to go to web sites that are clean, but "accidentaly" flagged as malicious by Spywareblaster? Is that a common/rare occurance?

Thank you! :)

1. Honestly, I'm not sure on this one, but I haven't heard of any recent issues with FF, it's also listed as compatible on the Spywareblaster page: http://www.javacoolsoftware.com/spywareblaster.html#Browsers

Also note that many of the users here run FF and Spywareblaster and I've heard nothing negative about it from them.

2. Nope, in fact I've never encountered one, also keep in mind that Spywareblaster doesn't block web sites, it just adds them to the restricted zone, which although it limits what a web page can do, does not block the page altogether (a hosts file is what blocks pages). It also blocks known malicious activex controls (somewhat irrelavent for FF, but good for IE).

• 1 year later...
1. Honestly, I'm not sure on this one, but I haven't heard of any recent issues with FF, it's also listed as compatible on the Spywareblaster page: http://www.javacoolsoftware.com/spywareblaster.html#Browsers

Also note that many of the users here run FF and Spywareblaster and I've heard nothing negative about it from them.

2. Nope, in fact I've never encountered one, also keep in mind that Spywareblaster doesn't block web sites, it just adds them to the restricted zone, which although it limits what a web page can do, does not block the page altogether (a hosts file is what blocks pages). It also blocks known malicious activex controls (somewhat irrelavent for FF, but good for IE).

Hi,

First off its a great forum, u do get answers here. Thanks to admins and forum members.

My query is kind of related to the topic discussed here,

I have a paid version of Malwarebytes 1.46 , a 90 days subscription of Norton Internet security 2010, and Ad-Aware free version running on my system(windows 7-32bit). I have no conflicts between any of these, i've excluded mbam files from scan list of NIS 2010.

My subscription to NIS 2010 will be over soon and I plan to use Avast antivirus free edition 5.0 there after. Please let me know if there is anything specific i need to do with Malwarebytes 1.46 running on my system before installing Avast free 5.0

Welcome Nirmal

I have not used Ad-Aware since using Malwarebytes paid version as it has not kept up with Malwarebytes detections.

Make sure that you completely remove Norton as it leaves a lot of remnants on your system unless the remover is used.

Download and run the Norton Removal Tool to uninstall Norton Security Suite or Norton Business Suite

http://www.symantec.com/norton/support/kb/web_view.jsp?wv_type=public_web&docurl=20091202133639EN

I have avast! V5 on my systems.

1. I installed MBAM Free and I wonder about "mbamgui.exe /install /silent" in my startup. Is this a process that will be always present? Is it necessary (since the Free version doesn't have a resident protection)? SAS also has something like that and I don't like it. Can I premanently turn that MBAM process off, and how?

I might just add that I have SAS free installed on my system, and I run it occasionally, though not all that often, since I have MBAM Pro. However, when I installed SAS, some part of it--SASWinLogon--insisted on starting at Windows startup. I used WinPatrol PLUS to disable it in the startup menu.

Welcome Nirmal

I have not used Ad-Aware since using Malwarebytes paid version as it has not kept up with Malwarebytes detections.

Make sure that you completely remove Norton as it leaves a lot of remnants on your system unless the remover is used.

Download and run the Norton Removal Tool to uninstall Norton Security Suite or Norton Business Suite

http://www.symantec.com/norton/support/kb/web_view.jsp?wv_type=public_web&docurl=20091202133639EN

I have avast! V5 on my systems.

Thanks for the info YoKenny1,

One specific info i'd like to know is, do i need to make any configuration/settings changes to my MBAM Pro after I remove NIS 2010 and install Avast 5.0 free edition.

Nirmal

I have not had to make any configuration/settings changes to my MBAM Pro settings since installing avast! V5 Free.

I have MBAM set to check for updates hourly and run a Flash scan and a Quick scan daily in the morning.

Nirmal

I have not had to make any configuration/settings changes to my MBAM Pro settings since installing avast! V5 Free.

I have MBAM set to check for updates hourly and run a Flash scan and a Quick scan daily in the morning.

Thanks YoKenny1,

I'll give it a try and see how it goes.

Well this was answered above - but you still have to make exclusions for MBAM in AVAST!

Only if you have avast! Internet Security that has the firewall.

post-100-1276610093_thumb.png