Malwarebytes can't detect EICAR Test Virus

No, and it is not going to be added to the database. ;)

Our research team spends a lot of time adding real malware to the database. Adding fake malware and test files like EICAR to the database takes time away from malware research, and proves nothing in the long run.

I was thinking that the database I'm using is corrupted because it didn't detect it.

Don't worry, if the database is corrupt, then Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware will tell you, and should give you the option to download a new copy.

We get cantankerous about things like EICAR, which is one of the things that sets us apart from other vendors. To us, if it's not real malware, then it doesn't need to be in the database.

Our research team spends a lot of time adding real malware to the database. Adding fake malware and test files like EICAR to the database takes time away from malware research, and proves nothing in the long run.

Does this also apply to tracking cookies/ordinary cookies?

Does this also apply to tracking cookies/ordinary cookies?

You got it. For the most part cookies are pretty much harmless and easily removed using the internet options control panel in IE, or using temp file cleaners like Ccleaner and ATF Cleaner. MBAM's designed to remove the nasty, hard to remove malware that most other security softwares don't detect or remove very well, if at all.

You got it. For the most part cookies are pretty much harmless and easily removed using the internet options control panel in IE, or using temp file cleaners like Ccleaner and ATF Cleaner. MBAM's designed to remove the nasty, hard to remove malware that most other security softwares don't detect or remove very well, if at all.

Thanks. ;) Malwarebytes is the best!

• 11 months later...

Probably a silly question GT500, but, Spycar is totally safe? I've been wanting to test it out but since I don't really know what I am doing I don't want to do something that might actually be an infection.. heh

Probably a silly question GT500, but, Spycar is totally safe? I've been wanting to test it out but since I don't really know what I am doing I don't want to do something that might actually be an infection.. heh

100% safe. It's just generic test stuff that they made themselves, and is not based on anything malicious. It's just a series of tests to help you see where your anti-malware/anti-spyware is protecting you. :)