Scan is stuck

Doing a full scan with MBAM,and the scanning is stuck for more than 10 minutes at this file,and the GUI is freezing from time to time and not responding.

Win 7 Ultimate x32,2.00GHz 4Gb RAM.My security is Avira free and Comodo FW D+ enabled.I have a license for MBAM Pro,but i use it only for demand scan.

Thank you.

post-41273-0-66174600-1312898377.png

• Root Admin

Please try the following and do a FULL disk check. It should take at least 5 minutes or more even on a quick computer and will run in a DOS screen.

How to Run Check Disk at Startup in Vista or Windows 7

Have you setup any file exclusions in your Anti-Virus to not scan MBAM when it is scanning?

Please try the following and do a FULL disk check. It should take at least 5 minutes or more even on a quick computer and will run in a DOS screen.

How to Run Check Disk at Startup in Vista or Windows 7

Have you setup any file exclusions in your Anti-Virus to not scan MBAM when it is scanning?

The full chkdsk reported that the C drive is clean,and yes,all the MBAM folder is on Avira's exclusions.Still the same issue,whem MBAM starts to scan that folder,is becoming unresponsive.I'm thinking to uninstall MBAM and re install.I'll post after.

post-41273-0-18301300-1312964268.png

Hello JoeBlack40:

If you wish to do a re-install of MBAM please follow this "Clean Re-install" procedure:

• Download and run the latest mbam-clean.exe.
  • It will ask to restart your computer, please allow it to do so - VERY IMPORTANT.
  • After the computer restarts, temporarily disable your Anti-Virus and install the latest version of Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware from here.
    • Note: You will need to reactivate the program using the license within the boxed version or were sent via email if using the PRO version.
    • Launch the program and set the Protection and Registration. Then go to the UPDATE tab if not done during installation and check for updates.
      Restart the computer again and verify that MBAM is in the task tray if using the PRO version. Now setup any process/folder/file exclusions as may be required in your Anti-Virus/Internet-Security/Firewall applications and restart your Anti-Virus/Internet-Security applications. You may use the guides posted in the FAQ's here or ask and we'll explain how to do it.

Please let us know how it goes.

HTH :)

I've downloaded and run mbam-clean exe and restart.Disabled Avira and installed the fresh MBAM.Still not working,the problem remains.It seems i must be content with only a quick scan from time to time...

Here after 50 min...

Thanks anyway.

What is in that folder anyway?

post-41273-0-72640800-1312990579.png

• Root Admin

When you have time please restart your computer in Safe Mode and run a Full Scan and see if it hangs in the same area.

Please note that in Safe Mode disk caching is disabled so a Full Scan can take a much longer time than it would in Normal Mode so maybe start it before you go to bed and let it run.

• 3 weeks later...

Ok,sorry for my delay.It seems that is MBAM's fault after all,because i have restored a Paragon image few days ago and before Windows update i scanned with MBAM.Everything was fine,the scan didn't stuck anymore.But after the Windows updates (see screenshot),scanned again with MBAM and that folder gave problems again,but this time MBAM managed to finish the scan.So,i don't understand why that created folder after Win update interfere with MBAM.

post-41273-0-51718700-1314344005.png

post-41273-0-39165400-1314344006.png