CastleCops has been shut down

MarkAW

I'm not sure if this is the right place or if anyone here knows of this

sad news , but Castle Cops has been shut down.

Greetings Folks,

You have arrived at the CastleCops website, which is currently offline. It has been our pleasure to investigate online crime and volunteer with our virtual family to assist with your computer needs and make the Internet a safer place. Unfortunately, all things come to an end. Keep up the good fight folks, for the spirit of this community lies within each of us. We are empowered to improve the safety and security of the Internet in our own way. Let us feel blessed for the impact we made and the relationships created.

http://www.castlecops.com/forums.html

Wow really, that sucks. I have used them to verify a ton of different files / program names. Does anyone know what happened?

Wow really, that sucks. I have used them to verify a ton of different files / program names. Does anyone know what happened?

From what i have read Paul Laudanski who ran CC got a job with Microsoft and couldn't handle to full time jobs ( work at MS and running CC) so CastleCops was shut down for this reason. Here is a link to a interview with Paul if anyone would like to have a more clear view of what happened.

http://www.infoworld.com/article/08/06/11/...crusader_1.html

Wow really, that sucks. I have used them to verify a ton of different files / program names.

FYI, these days SystemLookup is the new home for the Lists, and has been for a number of months.

The site was generously made available to us by Javacool, and it contains every single entry from Castlecops.

The Lists are being updated throughout the day by an editing team currently consisting of the following members of the anti-malware community:

Marckie

Metallica

miekiemoes

nasdaq

random/random

Rorschach112

TonyKlein

Vino Rosso

Zupe

• 3 months later...