Should i replace eset nod32 with comodo internet security?

Hey there good people...

i am currently using eset nod 32 and i dont want to continue buying sucscription, it gets annoying after a while.

I have malwarebytes free antivirus (amazing). But i also have alot of stuff in the quarintine of both eset nod32 AND malware byte. So here are my questions

1) Is it ok if i delete stuff from the quarintine of malwarebyte free, or is it safe there, or if i delete it will it come back?

2) How do i delete stuff from quarintine from eset nod32, and is it safe to delete it? (there are LOADS of stuff in my eset nod32 quarintine)

3) Should i replace eset nod32 with comodo internet security. I already have comodo firewall and its amazing, just wondering.

4) If i do, do i have to uninstall comodo firewall and then install internet security, or will ineternet security build and install on top of the firewall

5) Anything else you reccomend, or should i get a better free antivirus? what do you guys think, im asking the experts here :D

thank you good people :)

Hey there good people...

i am currently using eset nod 32 and i dont want to continue buying sucscription, it gets annoying after a while.

I have malwarebytes free antivirus (amazing). But i also have alot of stuff in the quarintine of both eset nod32 AND malware byte. So here are my questions

1) Is it ok if i delete stuff from the quarintine of malwarebyte free, or is it safe there, or if i delete it will it come back?

2) How do i delete stuff from quarintine from eset nod32, and is it safe to delete it? (there are LOADS of stuff in my eset nod32 quarintine)

3) Should i replace eset nod32 with comodo internet security. I already have comodo firewall and its amazing, just wondering.

4) If i do, do i have to uninstall comodo firewall and then install internet security, or will ineternet security build and install on top of the firewall

5) Anything else you reccomend, or should i get a better free antivirus? what do you guys think, im asking the experts here :D

Hi

In answer to your question:

1) Yes it's OK to delete from the quarantine of Malwarebytes and it won't come back (unless reinfected, of course)

2) It should be safe to delete from ESET, I don't use this program so can't help you on how to delete files in quarantine.

3) You can. I use it on a spare laptop, but I find the antivirus a bit 'clunky' and resource heavy. Feel free to give it a try, it could be fine on your system.

4) you will have to uninstall Comodo firewall before installing Comodo IS. Remember to use the ESET removal tool found here: http://kb.eset.com/esetkb/index?page=content&id=SOLN2289

5) As you seem to have an infection problem I would say that investing in Malwarebytes Pro is a must! Avira personal or Microsoft Security Essentials are good alternatives. Also I have found Avira Premium good with Comodo firewall, and has 25% off at the moment.

Hope this helps

i dont really wish to buy anything at the moment...

i dont really have an infection problem, well i dont think, ive scanned and everything but there are no viruses.

So should i keep comodo firewall and get oneo f the ones you mentioned? Which free antivirus is a must!?

Hi

To keep things simple just go with Comodo internet security, as it does the job well (and is as good as all the other free antivirus programs) and saves setting up all the various exclusions between the firewall and the antivirus.

Regards

Hey there good people...

Remember Malwarebytes is not an antivirus nor should it be considered one. They very different and mbam won't protect you to the extent an antivirus does.

1. Yes. They will not come back as the were already removed. Just a backup remains.

2. Never used Nod32, but there should be an option like purge, delete, remove etc. It's safe.

3. Depends what installer you used. If you used the Comodo Firewall installer then you will need to download the full package(Internet Security). Then run it and it should provide an option.

4. CIS should protect you well.

You're welcome.:)

Hi

Until someone with more experience appears perhaps this may help.

I'm assuming you followed Buttons instructions in post #11(uninstall previous firewall and proceed with the new full install) and that you ran the ESET removal tool?

If you did these two things then:

- try scanning using Malwarebytes.

- boot in safe mode and scan using Comodo.

- disable Comodo and run an online scan such as ESET online scan, Trend Micro Housecall, F-Secure online scan.

- if that doesn't work then ask in the Comodo forum (although they are a bit slow)

Regards

no i didnt, i went on comodo forums, and apparantly i already had internet security but i just chose to install the firewall and not the antivirus. So i just went to add or remove components and then did that.

That fixed it up.

I will try safemode as it seems dooable.

thanks... NO ONE LOCK THIS THREAD, ITS NOT OVER, DONT LOCK IT!

Help please, i have a big problem!

ok so i went into safemode today. i tried to scan with comodo antivirus but when i clicked it came up with this message

"update failed. Error code 0x80004002. No such interface supported. "

something like that. Also on the left with the big sheild picture it said.

"The defence+ is not functioning properly!"

and under that notice there was a button saying "run diagnostics"

even worser problem, remeber when i said that it freezed when it found the viruses. Well i had to force shut down, but the viruses were found. Just a minute ago i clicked on the comodo internet security, and whenever i clicked on the hyperlinked number showing number of viruses (it said 0), when i clicked it showed all these viruses all in the system restore area.

And the number 0 turned to number 1.

And as soon as i clicked the hyperlinked 0, this comodo firewall alert window poped up but it froze there, so it was blank white. Then the whole pc froze... I had to force shut down again.

In safemode, i even scanned with malwarebytes antimalware but nothing came up.

What shall i do, please help!

Well it sounds like you have some malware present. Please follow the directions below to clean your computer.

We don't work on Malware removal or diagnostics in the general forums.

Please print out, read and follow the directions here, skipping any steps you are unable to complete. Then post a NEW topic here.

One of the expert helpers there will give you one-on-one assistance when one becomes available.

After posting your new post make sure under options that you select Track this topic and choose one of the Email options so that you're alerted when someone has replied to your post.

Alternatively, as a paying customer, you can contact the help desk at support@malwarebytes.org

Otherguyx, as you mention in post #15 that you have found a virus, it could very well be that infection that is causing your problems. Follow the instructions below....

If you think you are infected, here are the steps needed to get your computer cleaned....

Please read the following so that you can begin the cleaning process:

You have 3 Options that you can choose from as listed below:

[*]Option 1

i put it all in the hijack log, but no one replies :(

Some of these guys are volunteers. If you haven't got a reply within 3 days reply to it and after 5 days pm an Administrator.:) Don't reply if it hasn't been at least 3 days as they look for the ones with no replies first.:)

I see you have posted in the right section HERE. Please be patient, they do get busy there at time but it normally these days does not take more than 24 hours for someone to reply. They are all volunteers there and providing their time when they can....

Also I notice that SpySentinel replied at 3:14PM HERE with some instructions for you....