I recommended Malwarebytes to a friend who is having major problems ... I suggested she try the free version first. When she clicked on (malwarebytes.org) 'Download free version' she went to snet Download.com http://download.cnet.com/Malwarebytes-Anti-Malware/3000-8022_4-10804572.html?part=dl-10804572&subj=dl&tag=button ... it appears you will be downloading Malwarebytes version 1.50.1 and somehow she ended up with ARO 211 ... that's not Malwarebytes is it?

Hello and :rolleyes:

That link is fine it is from CNet one of the download mirrors. Just click on the Green Download Now button.... don't click on any sponsored links...

Thanks, that's what I thought ... they make it too easy to make a mistake. Thanks for your help.

Someone I was helping did exactly the same thing only yesterday. I told her to download & run Malware Bytes and she rang back saying ARO211 was asking for money!! Apparently her download did not start automatically so she clicked on ARO211 (which was the most obvious thing to click on) and downloaded it. Surely it should made clearer how to download Malware Bytes!