Java download shows infection

Malwarebytes is seeing c:\program files\Java\jre6\bin\java.exe

and c:\WINDOWS\system32\java.exe as a trojan

I updated java and flash player. Kaspersky shows the XP desktop is clean. But Malwarebytes saw java as a trojan. I removed java. I had checked for virus before activating the update. Well I redownloaded java last night. As before I double checked with Kaspersky before activation of the updates. Last night after the updates I did a full scan in Kaspersky. It says I am clean. This morning I did a check again with Malwarebytes, and it says I have two trojans again. Has anyone else had this problem? I did email Malwarebytes to let them know I thought it might be a false positive, but I am not sure. I see no way to send these files to Malwarebytes for inspection.

Thanks Buttons ;) I didn't realize that because I haven't had Java installed for quite a while now so I wasn't sure if the location was normal or not.

What Buttons means by getting your system checked Kelly is the following:

Please read and follow the directions here, skipping any steps you are unable to complete. Then post a NEW topic here.

One of the expert helpers there will give you one-on-one assistance when one becomes available.

Please note that it may take 48 hours or more for you to receive a response in the malware removal forum, as it is often busy at times. Please do not reply to your own post asking for help unless it's been more than 48 hours since you originally posted, as this can make it appear as though you are being helped and take longer for you to get help.

If you are unable to do all or any of the steps in the link to the directions above, just post your problem into the forum I gave you a link to anyway and someone will be able to assist you.

Also, when replying, please use the "ADD REPLY" button t_reply.gif located at the bottom of the page, as this makes the forum easier to read.

After posting your new post make sure under options that you select Track this topic and choose one of the Email options so that you're alerted when someone has replied to your post.

Thank you :)

You're welcome Kelly ;)

You can go ahead and post in the False Positive (FP) section if you want, and if it is NOT a FP, whomever replies to you will let you know that, and then you can get your computer checked out as I outlined above.

Or you can just go ahead and get it checked out first, which is what I would do at this point if it were my computer.

Good luck and safe computing!

Thanks for all the comments, and so fast too. I wasn't sure it was a false positive, or I would of posted on that forum instead. I will read what I need to do from the comments, and take the appropriate steps. Thanks again, very much.

I don't have any cdrom emulation software that I am aware of. This is like a mirror of your hard drive? (I am just reading the steps)

If there is something that you cannot or are not sure how to do, just complete as much as you can. ;)

In your post, also just write what step(s) you were unable to complete and why, and when someone replies, your helper may have an alternative way to do it or may have you do something else.

If you mean zipping up the file in question, right-click on it, and choose Send To > Compressed (zipped) folder.

• Root Admin

Please do the following to see if it resolves the issue:

Windows XP:

• Click on Start and select Control Panel
  • Open Add/Remove Programs
  • Uninstall Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
  • Restart your computer very important
  • Download and run mbam-clean.exe from here
  • It will ask to restart your computer, please allow it to do so very important
  • After the computer restarts, temporarily disable your Anti-Virus and install the latest version of Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware from here
    • Note: You will need to reactivate the program using the license you were sent via email if using the Pro version
    • Launch the program and set the Protection and Registration. Then go to the UPDATE tab if not done during installation and check for updates.
      Restart the computer again and verify that MBAM is in the task tray if using the Pro version. Now setup any file exclusions as may be required in your Anti-Virus/Internet-Security/Firewall applications and restart your Anti-Virus/Internet-Security applications. You may use the guides posted in the FAQ's here or post to ask and we'll explain how to do it.

Windows Vista and Windows 7:

• Click on the Start vista-7-start.png button and select Control Panel
  • Click on Programs and Features
  • Uninstall Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
  • Restart your computer very important
  • Download and run mbam-clean.exe from here
  • It will ask to restart your computer, please allow it to do so very important
  • After the computer restarts, temporarily disable your Anti-Virus and install the latest version of Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware from here
    • Note: You will need to reactivate the program using the license you were sent via email if using the Pro version
    • Launch the program and set the Protection and Registration. Then go to the UPDATE tab if not done during installation and check for updates.
      Restart the computer again and verify that MBAM is in the task tray if using the Pro version. Now setup any file exclusions as may be required in your Anti-Virus/Internet-Security/Firewall applications and restart your Anti-Virus/Internet-Security applications. You may use the guides posted in the FAQ's here or post to ask and we'll explain how to do it.