Is there a new virus or malware that MB is not detecting?

I have a small box that says Windows Security has found critical process activity on your system and will perform fast scan of system files.

Of course I won't click on it. I have the free version of MB. I opened it. I updated it and I ran a scan.

Malwarebytes detected nothing. All files are clean.

This box with the critical process message is from vilejew.co.cc

Is this something new? When I googled vilejew.co.cc I saw a couple of updates from norton forum sites where people are having problems. The updates are from just a few

hours ago.

Should I just wait, and update MB in a couple hours? Is this something you are aware of? I'm obviously not going to click on the box, but I don't really know what to do.

It originally showed up when I tried to click on an ad for black friday at rooms to go... so probably irrelevant. The internet shut down. when i tried to get back on firefox, i couldn't.

the little box pops up and the firefox box is a tiny, tiny box.

Firefox WILL run in safe mode normally.

Any ideas? Is this something new (the malware) and I should maybe just wait for an update or no?

Thanks so much

Edited by AdvancedSetup
removed hyperlink

• Root Admin

Hello , and welcome to Malwarebytes.org

It is always possible that any scanner might be missing an infection. If you believe you may be infected and it's not being detected please follow the advice below and someone will assist you in further checking and cleaning your system if necessary.

Please print out, read and follow the directions here, skipping any steps you are unable to complete. Then post a NEW topic here.

One of the expert helpers there will give you one-on-one assistance when one becomes available.

After posting your new post make sure under options that you select Track this topic and choose one of the Email options so that you're alerted when someon has replied to your post.

Alternatively, as a paying customer, you can contact the help desk at support@malwarebytes.org