Start Protection

Notsohandy

Not sure if this is the right place or not, but hope so. I downloaded the 30 day trial version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware. Liked it so much that I went ahed and purchased it a few days later. Paid through the online store Cleverbridge and got my ID and Key. Ok, no problem. Clicked on Protection on the trial version, clicked on Register. Put in the ID and Key. Got a "Thank you for registering" message. Proceeded to click on Start Protection and got a "This option is only available to registered users" or words to that effect. Tried again, thinking I had mis-entered part of the ID or Key - same results. Cooled off a few hours - same results. Next day - same results.

E-mailed Cleverbridge and they sent a computerized answer that I should contact the tech section - which I did. Three days now with no response.

So.... Have I goofed up or is there a glitch in this particular software I have or what?? I am not thrilled about paying for it if I can't use it completely. LOL

Any help, suggestions would be apprceciated. Thanks. :)

Hello Notsohandy and Welcome to Malwarebytes

So the program won't register at all or the Protection Module won't start?

Are you running a Windows Vista 64 Bit operating system?

Windows XP 3. The program appears to register, but when I go to start the Protection Module, it tells me I am not registered. I got back to the main menus and, sure enough, I still need to purchase the program... So, tells me I am registered; then refuses to start Protection because I am not registered....

Doesn't seem to be any problem anywhere else. I have run McAfee Security Suite, CCleaner, Windows Defender - all show nothing out of whack. Neither does the trial version of Anti-Malbygtes for that matter....

Windows XP 3. The program appears to register, but when I go to start the Protection Module, it tells me I am not registered. I got back to the main menus and, sure enough, I still need to purchase the program... So, tells me I am registered; then refuses to start Protection because I am not registered....

Doesn't seem to be any problem anywhere else. I have run McAfee Security Suite, CCleaner, Windows Defender - all show nothing out of whack. Neither does the trial version of Anti-Malbygtes for that matter....

Make that Windows XP Professional; Version 2002, Service Pack 3

• Root Admin

Well this is a trusted site for the product. What application do you have that is telling you that?

I'm thinking that your system may already be infected.

Go here and download Dr Web. Dr Web CureIt! v4.44

Then launch it and start a scan, but then stop the scan and go to the Advanced section and do a FULL SCAN of your system.

Please let me know what it says.

OK, I am back.

First, the program that warned about the trojan horse is: McAfee Security Center, which I have installed.

Second. I downloaded Dr Web ® Scanner for Windows; started the scan, stopped it, went to Advanced complete scan. After scanning 141268 files, etc., the program announced that no viruses were found.

(I didn't know everything would close off except the background picture during the scan and that I would need to re-boot to get things back to normal after the scan, but I figured that out. LOL)

So, I am almost ready to contribute the 24.95 to Malware; perhaps I am not meant to have their software. Where shall we go from here? Do you want me to try to previous site again in case I can, in fact, install it this time?

I appreciate your time and trouble with this... :)

• Root Admin

Yes most sites use Javascript to detect where you're from. The program is called LAUNCH.EXE from Dr Web.

Well if you downloaded from the link I gave you and Dr Web did not find it infected that's a good sign.

Please download the program and then upload it to Jotti's online scanner and they will scan it for Malware as well with many scanners.

This should give you some comfort level of the program. Then install this version (after a full removal of the other program version and reboot).

Then before installing go to C:\Program Files and make sure the folder Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware does not exist. If it is there then delete it manually.

Then install this new version and copy and paste the ID and KEY from your email of the purchase and that should register it just fine.

Let us know.

This morning when I got up, I had an e-mail from Marcin Klecznski of Malbytes tech division. He stated that the problem was with their program, asked if I wanted a refund (I said yet) and that they were working around the clock fix it and a new version would be available later this week. So, I think I will just sit back and wait.

Thank you so much for your time and trouble. I really appreciate it. (Marcin also apologized for the delay in answering - extremely busy).

Jean, I purchased it but was unable to use the Start Protection function for some reason. Marcin said it was a problem with the soft and offerred to refund my money, which he did. He said the bug would be fixed soon. Then, when I tried to download the trial version again, McAfee stopped me. Now it appears to be OK and I will re-purchase (I guess I should have explained that.)