MBAM_ERROR_EXPANDING_VARIABLES (0,9)

If you have XP Look here: http://forums.malwarebytes.org/index.php?s...mp;#entry181018 Section I Look it over and post back..... if you did this already or it works (either way) let us know please.. regards....

Running Vista

Attached.

I update Security Essential daily, so the latest update from MS might be causing this issue. I ran Malwarebytes maybe 1-2 days ago and it worked.

Still receive the original two error messages when I try to open Malwarebytes.

MS_Mal.doc

Can't see your attachment in post #1, just put this pc together, don't have office or ms word, installed yet? Can you put it in text? or copy & paste?

The attachment merely showed the two error messages that I mention in the title of this post.

MBAM_ERROR_MISSING_FILE (3,0, mbamswissarmy.sys)

The system cannot find the path specified.

Here's a fix that exile360 made, it is universal for XP, Vista and Windows 7 and should fix the problem:

Note: If using Windows Vista or Windows 7 you MUST right-click on the file and select "Run as administrator".

[*]Please copy and paste the following text in the Code box exactly as written into notepad (not wordpad or any other text editor):

@color 48
@echo off
if exist "%allusersprofile%\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu" md "%allusersprofile%\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup"
if not exist "%allusersprofile%\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu" md "%allusersprofile%\Start Menu\Programs\Startup"
if exist "%appdata%\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu" md "%appdata%\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup"
if not exist "%appdata%\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu" md "%userprofile%\Start Menu\Programs\Startup"
del /f /q %0

[*]Once you've done that click on File and select Save As...

[*]In the Save dialogue box click on the drop down menu next to Save as type and select All Files

[*]Name the file Fix.bat (the .bat extension is very important)

[*]Save the file to your desktop and double click it to run it if using Windows XP. If using Windows Vista or Windows 7 you MUST right-click on the file and select Run as administrator otherwise it will not work.

[*]Once that's complete try running Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware again to see if it now works without error or not.

Let us know if this did it. regards....

MBAM_ERROR_MISSING_FILE (3,0, mbamswissarmy.sys)

The system cannot find the path specified.

Here's a fix that exile360 made, it is universal for XP, Vista and Windows 7 and should fix the problem:

Note: If using Windows Vista or Windows 7 you MUST right-click on the file and select "Run as administrator".

[*]Please copy and paste the following text in the Code box exactly as written into notepad (not wordpad or any other text editor):

@color 48
@echo off
if exist "%allusersprofile%\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu" md "%allusersprofile%\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup"
if not exist "%allusersprofile%\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu" md "%allusersprofile%\Start Menu\Programs\Startup"
if exist "%appdata%\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu" md "%appdata%\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup"
if not exist "%appdata%\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu" md "%userprofile%\Start Menu\Programs\Startup"
del /f /q %0

[*]Once you've done that click on File and select Save As...

[*]In the Save dialogue box click on the drop down menu next to Save as type and select All Files

[*]Name the file Fix.bat (the .bat extension is very important)

[*]Save the file to your desktop and double click it to run it if using Windows XP. If using Windows Vista or Windows 7 you MUST right-click on the file and select Run as administrator otherwise it will not work.

[*]Once that's complete try running Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware again to see if it now works without error or not.

Let us know if this did it. regards....

Thanks. The fix.bat fixed the issue.

1. Can you explain what fix.bat did?

2. Do you know what caused fix.bat to be required?

3. Will I need fix.bat for future Security Essential updates?

Sorry my DSL went offline,

Will I need fix.bat for future Security Essential updates?
I don't know what Microsoft has planned down the road. Or what changes you will make to your PC? You can copy it to a notepad and save it. Or remember you have lifetime support here. regards....

The fix.bat file just checked your computer to see it the Startup folders existed and if not it recreated the folders.

Somehow, either by you or something else the Startup folders were removed from your computer. This causes errors with some programs so its best to leave that folder there.