Antivirus detection

Hi guys I have a question :

I've downloaded Malwarebytes anti-malware Free Edition....

Does it automaticly detect incoming malware (trojan,worm, spam, etc) ? If so , how ? Windows 7 doesnt recognize it as a virus scanner so ...

Or is it only free Scanning an do I need to buy real-time detection in other to auto-detect ?

A reaction please peepz,

Tyvm ,

Greetz,

Boen

Malwarebytes is not an Anti-Virus software, you still need to install anti-virus software on your computer to be protected.

The free version does not run in the background either. By having the full version of Malwarebytes it has what we call an IP Web Blocker that helps to proactively block sites that we know are malicious, and it also will help you stay protected.

In a nutshell, Malwarebytes is designed to work hand in hand with your anti-virus software.

Oke but then i dont understand it . I've read on the internet malware is the collection name for all dangerous software (spam, worms, trojan, en all the rest).

If this is not an anti-virus program what is it for kind of program then ? Cause an virus is also a form of malware...

The only thing malwarebytes does is helping your anti-virus to do more things then it can do on its own am I right ?

Just wanna know some things to be sure how it really works... Cause i will maybe buy it...

Hope someone can help me

Tyvm,

Greetz,

Boen

Hi Boen -

As above by Firefox - This program , installed in the free version , is a very powerful scanner and remover of infections -

malware is the collection name for all dangerous software (spam, worms, trojan, en all the rest).

The above is a generally true statement , and a long time ago the only protection was an anti virus program -

Malwarebytes is one step above but also , one step to the side of your antivirus program - Have you also heard of Spybot S&D , AdAware , SUPERAntiSpyware , and several other similar programs - Malwarebytes Anti-Malware is "related" to these type of programs -

It is (in my and many others opinion) one step ahead of these programs in removal of most severe infections -

The paid version includes , auto updates , auto fulltime background scans , scheduled full scans, dangerous IP blocking , and more -

The free version is still a very strong infection remover , but you would not usually need to manually scan for infections after you were infected usually with the

paid version - Also the US$25 license per computer , is a Full Lifetime License and can be moved to your next computer -

Please post back if you have any more questions -

Thank You -

Malwarebytes will block all forms of executable malware, it does not distinguish or care what "class" the malware is.

On the disinfection side malwarebytes will remove everything aside from virus patched files.

Malwarebytes will block both malicious executables and connections to known malware IPs in both directions.

Have you also heard of Spybot S&D , AdAware , SUPERAntiSpyware , and several other similar programs - Malwarebytes Anti-Malware is "related" to these type of programs -

What do you mean these type of programs ??

Spybot S&D is a spyware detecter/remover, Adaware is a anti-virus program... I Dont get the point that is works together with an anti-virus program...

Why do i need Malwarebytes then ? if I still need a Anti-virus program to protect my computer (what firefox said) I can better just buy a good anti-virus program right ? with nice spam protection so i also won't need spybot S&D...

Or am I just being stupid now ? lol

My Point is to just have a computer witch has good protection from EVERYTHING POSSIBLE (all malware)

Malwarebytes will block all forms of executable malware, it does not distinguish or care what "class" the malware is.

Oke...So why do I need another virus program ? It should block every mallware....

On the disinfection side malwarebytes will remove everything aside from virus patched files.

I guess thats why its not an anti-virus but why should I buy malware then ? I can better buy a good virus scan

My goal is to secure my computer as best as possible (sorry for all the maybe noobish questions :))

I can better just buy a good anti-virus program right

If this were true there would not be malware cleanup forums and we would not get more than 1 million downloads a month. The vast majority of these downloads are to clean up systems that were "protected" by antivirus software.

Oke ty soo....

The Best thing to do is to buy/download an anti-virus program ..... then to run next to it the malwarebytes program ?

Then everything what the anti-virus did not recognize will be destroyed by the malwarebytes .

Is this a good solution ?

Spybot S&D is a spyware detecter/remover, Adaware is a anti-virus program...

I can better buy a good virus scan

Almost - AdAware is not an A/V program , and Spybot is not a full spyware detector/remover -

They are both "similar" programs , but again niether offers the power and options available in Malwarebytes -

A developer will pick me up if this is wrong , also none of them offers the same protection and options (or pricing) as Malwarebytes -

Thank You -

Using malwarebytes in pro mode combined with a reputable AV makes for a solid layered defense.

I would also recommend running from a limited account as much as possible and frequently checking to see if your web facing applications are updated as well as windows.

Outdated flash, acrobat and java software proved attacks with additional methods of attacking your system.

Hi -

In one word , Yes - That is correct - Also see above by nosirrah -

You can also have a Free A/V like M/Soft Security Esentials , or Avast , or Avira AntiVir - (Only Personally preferred over the 2 you mention)

All the above have free versions that work well with Malwarebytes -

Thank You -

Correct, AV software is typically very good at this as these are the only actual malware that is a real virus. Viruses modify your existing files so that you cant fix things by deleting the files. Antivirus software will remove the offending code from the patched files. Viruses are more rare now than they used to be.

One area where antivirus software is very bad is fakealert and fake antivirus infections. Malwarebytes on the other hand is the best in the biz when it comes to these.