Can we clear this up please?

Guest garybear

Guest garybear

Hi ! It's me again and I'm totally confused once again. I have been advised by a member to start a topic in the malware forum to see if I'm infected. Before I start a topic ;there are things I'm supposed to do first. The first thing is to down load Malwarebytes. Update it. Run a quick scan. If I'm still having problems ,there is more to do. In the first place I have MBAM running in real time . I have the paid version. I see no infections in my quick scan. I have no infections after Avira full scan. My question is "Am I supposed to continue with the process"? If the answer is no, please correct this and place a note saying"you do not need to proceed any further" You could say what the next step would be if you have no infections after scanning with MBAM and Avira. If I have no infections, I do not need to start a topic and bother malware fighters that are very busy and don't need to be wasting their time with me :) If I'm not infected, IMHO I do not need to run more tests, and submit them. Please correct me if I'm wrong. Thank you! :) :)

The DDS and GMER logs tell the expert what is causing problems etc - It is a standard method for diagnostics -

They also give them the information needed to repair a system -

You need to tell a doctor if there is a pain in your foot or your hand if you want help - This is what the requested logs tell the experts -

Guest garybear
Some tests/programs dig deeper than others, which is sometimes necessary during malware hunting and removal.

Hi friend! I understand that some programs dig deeper. It is also my understanding they you only do the things in order that the malware fighter tells you to do. Also each set of instructions are for that person only. What I'm asking and not doing it very well is" what do you do after you run scans with MBAM and AVIRA, and no infections are found" That's where I am right now. I'm waiting to see if any further tests are wanted from me. I hope I'm making a little sense. Thank you for your reply. You are very much appreciated :)

Guest garybear
The DDS and GMER logs tell the expert what is causing problems etc - It is a standard method for diagnostics -

They also give them the information needed to repair a system -

You need to tell a doctor if there is a pain in your foot or your hand if you want help - This is what the requested logs tell the experts -

Hi friend. Nicely explained. I think I'm finally getting this threw this thick skull. I will wait for further instructions from the malware fighters.Do you think that some thing like your explanation could be added to the instructions. Here are my thoughts. Most people that go there have infections and so they continue. I found no infections and did not realize that I should continue and attach GMER And DDS logs. A simple revised instruction like" Even though you have not found any infections, the following logs are necessary to help you.' Then list the logs GMER and DDS and then how to use them. Is that to much to ask? Thank you my friend. You are very much appreciated

Just a note to the previous comments. Mbam, avira and any other similar program scan and remove threats based on what they know. Any scanner can miss a threat. Now gmer, dds ect don't look for threats based on knowledge(aka database). They list contents of common areas where they like to hide. While producing a text file of what is there for helpers to research and see what they are.

Guest garybear

OK Buttons. Thanks. Just waiting on the malware fighters team. Thanks Ron. I'm ready to get this on. It's a darn shame we have to put up with this crud from China.

Garybear