Critical bug, please read

• Root Admin

It has come to our attention that a critical bug existed between Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware version 1.00 and version 1.25. If you ever removed anything using Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware during that time, please run the attached file. Your SecurityProviders value may have been corrupted.

The original values of the value should have looked like this.

file1.dll, file2.dll, file3.dll

When repairing the registry value, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware may have reset the values to the following.

file1.dll file2.dll file3.dll (note lack of commas)

This has already been repaired in version 1.26, however, those exposed to this bug must be repaired. Attached is a utility that will tell you whether the registry value is corrupt and it will offer to fix it by adding the necessary commas. We apologize for the problems this may have caused and we hope to never have a repeat of this situation.

You no longer need to run this program. Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware v1.28 now does the job correctly.

I run multiple scans using several products the last month and can't recall ever removing anything with Malwarebytes which I installed 8/10/08 . Is it safe to run the file regardless?

Yes, it will just open a dialog telling you that no problem was found and that because of this no further action will be taken.

Question asked by a member on another forum.

No. This particular bug would only affect you if your computer was part of a LAN in a configuration that required it authenticate itself to others. It has nothing to do with antivirus, or security otherwise.

It would be nice if this patch were available to those who are not forum members, considering how many other forums recommend Malwarebytes. Every reference and link I see comes back to this forum where you have to register to obtain the file.

I will look into this. You have a valid point, in the meantime you might ask the Admin of those forums to attach the file to their post about it.

Would this Rapid Share Link to download the fix be OK?

If not then please delete.

I don't see a problem with it. Thanks! We can't just allow all to download files, this is a concern for security and as it is we are usually under DoS attacks. Word from those in the small inner circle of all knowing, is we are very close to new version and no more issues at all.

• Root Admin

Well having an uncontrolled link to RAPIDSHARE or similar sites could lead to more Malware installations. Someone could say that their link to Rapidshare is this fix, when in fact it is Malware.

I think it needs a link to a location as suggested here on this site or other trustworthy sites that does not require registration to download it.

I am brand new to your forum, and I had download the 1.26 I think on Saturday and today I downloaded the 1.27 (?) update.

I ran a scan on Saturday and I am running one now. The first one turned up nothing.

This software is highly praised! I have see it being recommened on other forums, that is how I heard about it.

Well, keep up the excellent work!

and thank you for news on the old updates!

eric