Unstable Wireless network

cag

Hi

When using my laptop, Wi-Fi stops working very often.

The computer is malware free. Please refer to the topic here: http://forums.malwarebytes.org/index.php?showtopic=59728

I have also done a "sfc /scannow". It tells me it "found damaged files but could not repair some of them" and creates a huge log. The log is attached to this post: http://forums.malwarebytes.org/index.php?s...st&p=298778

Is there anything I can do to fix the problem(s)?

Hi caq -

I just had a quick look at your other postings but I will go back and recheck for a few mins -

Have you contacted your Internet Service Provider to first check service to you ??

Trojan Artemis! (McAfee False Postivie) 7 FC 3 CB 741153 detected on D:\SETUP.ICD

Many sites report your Trojan.Artemis as a False identification by McAffee mainly

Hi

Thanks for the quick replies.

I have not asked my ISP or thought about checking the router because the wireless network works fine with the other laptops in the family. This is what I have done after your posts:

-verified that the drivers for the card is the most up to date possible. The driver update wizard told me that the latest drivers are already installed (online check).

-uninstalled Nokia PC Suite but I don't believe it will solve the problem.

I will try to reset Internet Explorer and restart/check my router tomorrow.

Any other suggestions to troubleshoot are most welcome. :(

Hi.

Wireless networking is now working normally. All I have done is uninstall the Nokia software.

McAfee has been silent for a while now. It was probably false identifications.

Is there anything I can do to fix the problem(s) reported by sfc?

Thanks.