scan bug

coconutnut,

If I remember correctly, I believe the reason for this is because when doing a right-click manual scan on a file/folder, heuristics are not loaded when a right-click scan happens, so that would be the reason for it not being detected.

So if a file is only picked up during the heuristics portion of a scan, if heuristics are not being used during a scan, the file will not be picked up. If I am wrong I am sure a staff member will jump in here.

It exists to have the option there, the same reason as the Full Scan. It's been said around here many times that the majority of the time all that is needed is a Quick Scan. If you right-click scan a file and it has a positive match in definitions it will be detected, anything beyond that (ie heuristics) and it will need to be scanned in the Quick, Flash or Full scan to get detected.