mbam-rules.exe for 1.45?

Hi,

I cannot update MB! Im getting the SHRegGetPath error. Ive read every post on here about it and nothing has worked. I have AVG 9, and exlcluded everything another post said to... So I downloaded the http://www.malwarebytes.org/mbam/database/mbam-rules.exe and then 1.45 says the definition file is the wrong version.

I dont want anymore instruction on how to get MB to update, IMO this is retarded. Why would you purposely make a change that would require ALL of your users to go through 2-3 pages of instructions just to get a SIMPLE process like an update to work??? I love your product but this is just plain stupid.

Better yet, can someone that has gotten the new update to work please post your rules.ref file?

Oh and... Why is it so hard to find that http://www.malwarebytes.org/mbam/database/mbam-rules.exe link??? And why is it so hard to keep it updated? Many, many malware/spyware/ect. cause these download problems, you would think it would be important to reliably offer something like this.

Sorry to rant so much :)

Well then I'm not sure how else we can help you as different systems and configurations require different methods.

How about a mbam-rules.exe that works with 1.45? Or at the very least a current rules.ref file? Im not asking for much.

Im thinking the malware/spyware I have is affecting the normal update process. It deletes mbam.exe as soon as it is created, so Ive been using a randomly generated name one. That says 1.45, but mabye doesnt update so well? ANyway Im hoping with updated definitions I can rid myself of this thing. AVG and Ad-Aware both cannot find any infection on my system.

• Root Admin

Well then updates are NOT your issue. Removing Malware is and we can help you with that if you'll let us and try to calm down and relax.

Please print out, read and follow the directions here, skipping any steps you are unable to complete. Then post a NEW topic here.

One of the expert helpers there will give you one-on-one assistance when one becomes available.

After posting your new post make sure under options that you select Track this topic and choose one of the Email options so that you're alerted when someon has replied to your post.

Alternatively, as a paying customer, you can contact the help desk at support@malwarebytes.org

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry Ron, but unless you can point out where I am missing something, I would have to disagree with you. I have tried this several times, but I am receiving the same "Database not supported" error that liven was getting. I downloaded the manual update from http://www.malwarebytes.org/mbam/database/mbam-rules.exe, is this an incorrect address? With version 1.45 I always receive the error. I was able to install version 1.44 and the database updated, however, only to database 3913, far short of version 3999. It would appear that the issue, from what i can see, is an update error on your guys' part. Please let me know if I am missing something as I would love to introduce your product to a lot of people tomorrow, however, without the manual updates, I will not be able to do so do to internet bandwidth issues at the workshop.

Well then updates are NOT your issue. Removing Malware is and we can help you with that if you'll let us and try to calm down and relax.

Please print out, read and follow the directions here, skipping any steps you are unable to complete. Then post a NEW topic here.

One of the expert helpers there will give you one-on-one assistance when one becomes available.

After posting your new post make sure under options that you select Track this topic and choose one of the Email options so that you're alerted when someon has replied to your post.

Alternatively, as a paying customer, you can contact the help desk at support@malwarebytes.org

@ jwilly5000 -

however, without the manual updates, I will not be able to do so do to internet bandwidth issues at the workshop.

What antivirus are you using in your workshop (I hope you have a good one), and is it cranked up so high it will not allow any access -

Also do you have an active Firewall apart from the Microsoft one in the workshop -

These are important issues as you could be blocking with either of these -

Your clients may use another A/V that will not cause any problems -

Your Technicians License allows you to contact the help desk at support@malwarebytes.org and get full back up -

Thank you - :)