Lost Password?

Madeline

Today I received an email from this forum claiming

You have received this email because a user account password recovery

was instigated by you on Malwarebytes Forum.

This isn't so and I logged in here with my own password. Why would this have happened and has it happened to anyone else? I find it a bit worrying.

Sorry if I've posted this is the wrong place, please move it if necessary.

Hi Madeline -

The password can be changed due to minor problems - I had no response from mine about 10 months ago , so I contacted an admin (Red name at the bottom of main forum page) explained the situation and it was changed - Once I re entered this and check marked the "remember me" box I now only type one letter of my ID and it is Auto entered - With 10-11,000 members it will occur at times - Click on their name and select "send message" wiyh a brief note -

Also if you are here, have you created a new password to reenter the forum , as it is working -

Thank You - :)

Perhaps someone tried to do a password retrieval for your username without you knowing?

I'd advise you to change your email password as well as your forum passwords and also make them different, complicated passwords.

As a side note, when replying, please use the "ADD REPLY" button at the bottom of the page.

Thanks for your replies.

There isn't anyone here (at home) who would try to find out my password. It would be a bit pointless anyway as I never use the same password twice.

The email address I used when I registered here is used only when I register on forums. Its password is different from any of my other passwords.

I haven't acted on the email I received as it said to ignore it if I hadn't requested it. I was just curious and a little perturbed about why I'd received it.

Most of my passwords are complicated! I often use this MS page to check them. It's not infallible, but it gives you a reasonable guide. I'll amend my password here just to be on the safe side!

Thanks again for your help.

You're welcome :)

That password checker is a good one.

I have a different password for everything, I almost always have, and they're pretty complicated and usually long too. hehe :)

Maybe someone accidentally entered your user name instead of theirs when requesting a password.

Maybe someone accidentally entered your user name instead of theirs when requesting a password.

Yes, I thought it might be something accidental. Anyway, I've changed my password here, logged out, then logged back in using the new password and it worked fine.

The MS password checker rated my new password as 'best', the previous one was only 'strong'!

• 8 months later...

Not quite in the theme of the post but I couldn't find anywhere else to ask the question, but is there any way to retrieve your password for the program itslef? I got an error code 1072 and had to uninstall and use mbam-clean.exe. Unfortunatley I have deleted the email I received with the details. Anyone help?