avira personal edition Premium

laserjet

i had warning today about trojan vundo i scanned with malwarebytes nothing also my avira anti virus keeps having its online protection shuting down and i have had to uninstall and reinstall 3 tiomes since last night any suggestions i have latest file from avira for the install, should i do another malwarebytes scan full scan and also ascan withanother antispyware please help at the moment avira is protecting malware bytes full scan found something still scanning waiting for it to finish and avira found nothing also scanning with super antispyware now

Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware 1.11

Database version: 652

Scan type: Full Scan (C:\|)

Objects scanned: 65175

Time elapsed: 22 minute(s), 56 second(s)

Memory Processes Infected: 0

Memory Modules Infected: 0

Registry Keys Infected: 0

Registry Values Infected: 0

Registry Data Items Infected: 0

Folders Infected: 0

Files Infected: 1

Memory Processes Infected:

(No malicious items detected)

Memory Modules Infected:

Registry Keys Infected:

Registry Values Infected:

Registry Data Items Infected:

Folders Infected:

Files Infected:

C:\System Volume Information\_restore{AE8DBD95-AC2D-46AC-9959-E43875D8F7C6}\RP308\A0073635.exe (Trojan.Agent) -> No action taken.

the results im getting out now just waiting for superspyware to complete scan i have no idea how i got this idid download one file pidgin im from major geeks i got rid of it that was after i had initial problem with avira stopping online protection.

im no tech guy im not great at this pc stuff i just need a simple answer and some help do i use the malwarebytes delet function and delete the file i give up please i need alittle assistance im not that good at this stuff at all i would like to thank Tarun for helping me out with this i appreciate it

hello

it's ok to leave something found by security programs in quarantine it can't get out

and it's better to leave it there a while to make sure your pc doin't have a problem

in case of a false positive or something you can put it back

the System Volume Information thing is a system restore point that your pc makes to

help restore your pc back in case of problems some viruses put there self there so

after you clean them thay can come back on your pc but most hjt log readers say to

delete the system restore points last after your clean if you know your clean you

can delete them

i use Avria Antivir Pe Classic and upgreaded to version 8 and did not have a problem

on 2 pc's but at there fourm there are people having problems with the guard turning

off see if you can see something there like whats going on with yours

http://forum.avira.com/index.php

i hope this helps some

:angry:

jean no vundo nothing im clean thanks that gtk+runtime associated in the bundle that comes with install of pidgin IM Did all those false positives once ppdgin was removed bam clean went with Miranda IM it works great. oh i did by the way run Symantec corp. vundo removal tool 1.5 im clean do not fret thanks

I wouldnt trust the vundo removal tool from symantec, the tool itself on Norton's web page is datestamped - Updated: October 20, 2005 12:00:00 AM, which means it is way behind times. Vundo can be a real pain, I would recommend following the instructions set out as above for posting a log just for a checkover if nothing else

please stop posting replies, this is beating a dead horse. my pc is fine its a clean, lean , mean and lightning fast machine. Everything is perfect thanks to all who replied offering insight i appreciate it . thanks again This is really a NONE issue for me . RUBBER DUCKY PLEASE LOCK THIS TOPIC THANKS

here is an explaination and some facts the forum members were not aware of i had a friend who has own IT BUSINESS FOR 15 YEARS IN USA AND 10 YEARS IN ENGLAND . HE CAME DOWN AND DID A TOROUGH EXAMINATION OF MY PC. HE DOES WORK FOR PEOPLE LIKE THE devos family the Amway millionaire and oowner of the NBA orlando MAGIC AND DOES OTHER ACCT.i knew he was coming over and i pay him with lunch or gas money or tollsi pay for him . and he did not find anything. i meant no offense to anyone but in light of all this i have decided this is not for me . alll of you are light years ahead. and i did not come here to argue with anyone. i sinply posted over and over that my pc is clean. im sorry i said anything i should have just waited for tech friend to come and look at it first hand. im not good with all these software programs and i would trust me screw up something else on my pc. ask my wife she would tell you im a hazard to myself, so please do not be mad at me that is why i did not follow anty steps or procedures outlined here. it very hard and embarassing for me to admit im no pc expert. so im not returning to forums anymore either here or at other security ones. i cannot explain things that vivdly like you can. even posting about the ATT BETA BROWSER pogo i got jumped on i never heard of pogo game site i still do not care to know. i just seen anast thing and wanted to contribute but i guess im wrong there too so goodbye and best of luck to all of you and ALL guest that come here listen to these smart people they have good hearts and i know not all of us have a friend who can do pc stuff in their sleep. so you who visit have a great tool here use it good bye

Hello laserjet

Its how one expresses their thoughts and how its read will create the answer, I believe no one is mad at you at all and I think you should stay and learn with the rest of us. All types of forums have a learning curve, some easy/some hard and it does take time to learn. It took me about three months just to sign up in my first fourm and another two months to post a question. what I"m saying is, take your time to learn and get to know said forums and you'll fit right in. There are many most excellent members here to help all of us... :angry:

here is an explaination and some facts the forum members were not aware of i had a friend who has own IT BUSINESS FOR 15 YEARS IN USA AND 10 YEARS IN ENGLAND . HE CAME DOWN AND DID A TOROUGH EXAMINATION OF MY PC. HE DOES WORK FOR PEOPLE LIKE THE devos family the Amway millionaire and oowner of the NBA orlando MAGIC AND DOES OTHER ACCT.i knew he was coming over and i pay him with lunch or gas money or tollsi pay for him . and he did not find anything. i meant no offense to anyone but in light of all this i have decided this is not for me . alll of you are light years ahead. and i did not come here to argue with anyone. i sinply posted over and over that my pc is clean. im sorry i said anything i should have just waited for tech friend to come and look at it first hand. im not good with all these software programs and i would trust me screw up something else on my pc. ask my wife she would tell you im a hazard to myself, so please do not be mad at me that is why i did not follow anty steps or procedures outlined here. it very hard and embarassing for me to admit im no pc expert. so im not returning to forums anymore either here or at other security ones. i cannot explain things that vivdly like you can. even posting about the ATT BETA BROWSER pogo i got jumped on i never heard of pogo game site i still do not care to know. i just seen anast thing and wanted to contribute but i guess im wrong there too so goodbye and best of luck to all of you and ALL guest that come here listen to these smart people they have good hearts and i know not all of us have a friend who can do pc stuff in their sleep. so you who visit have a great tool here use it good bye

Sho-dan has made some very good points. When you post in a forum expect people to post back. That is what forums are all about. No one "jumped " on you ever. People asked questions and gave their very best advice based on what you said. No one was trying to argue with you ever. What you described is what all of us that have done this for years know as symptoms of infection and we gave you the advice that is our responsibility as members of this community. Never was that advice meant to judge you or in anyway cause distress. Everything was offered in the best of intentions.