destination folder access

gpgamer

So after having never changed any access setting on a download folder, I try to down load a small 22meg game from a site to get once it is almost done "destination folder access denied" error.I have no idea why this is happening as I have always designated a certain to download stuff to.Happens now everytime i try to download.I am running vista home premium sp2

Hi -

I think mountaintree16 was more asking if there was a Number (eg. 703 / 732 {Malwarebytes error}) or similar eg. 12029 / 12007 {Microsoft error} -

Even a Code 2 or Code 6 -

Thank you - :lol:

no numbers or letters , tried again and it says 'destination folder access denied' above and inside the box where I am downloading ' you need permission to perform this action' which strange as I have never needed to change anything before, just download and save to a folder

hey there gpgamer :lol:

Please use the "ADD REPLY" button at the bottom of the page when replying.

Did you make any changes to folder settings (in general, I don't mean just to this folder) when this started happening?

When did this start happening, and do you remember changing anything in between when this wasn't happening and when it began?

Most likely this is not a Malware issue :lol:

Might anyone else have changed any settings on the computer?

Also, is this a 64 bit or a 32 bit system?

Hmm.

Well HAVE you had a recent malware infection that you know of?

I've been trying to do some research on your issue but I am not having much luck nailing down a cause for your specific situation.

Did you save HJT into the downloads folder that you are trying to use or did you save it to the desktop?

Hmm sounds like something got messed up on your folder settings...

I don't necessarily think that this had anything to do with it, but, have you used any registry cleaners or something similar prior to this happening?

K.

I think there is a way, but I honestly don't know how to do it. I don't know much but I am trying, and I thought I may have figured it out but it seems like your situation is different than the solutions I have found. I'll find someone that can help you and knows more than I do :lol:

While researching for a solution, I found another post you made over at another forum, do you want to go forward with getting help there or here? It's not a good idea to be getting help in two forums simply because getting help in both can make your helpers job more difficult not to mention something could get messed up on your computer if you are working with two different people...

Let me know :lol:

so far u seem to be the fastest responder, I apologize if looking for help in another forum is wrong or has broken this forums rules.If because of that u want me to close this one out I would understand, was just looking for help in multiple venues.If you can still help me I would greatly appreciate it.

You haven't really broken any rules (at least as far as I am aware of), it just makes things more difficult for your helpers and for you.

If you were trying to get malware removal help at two different forums though, that would be a big no-no, because that could potentially screw up your system getting help from two different people not to mention make your helpers work much, much more difficult.

Well, see what they have to say over there, it seems like they might be getting somewhere... and I'll check back on this post tomorrow and your other post. And like I said, I don't know too much yet but I was trying to figure this out because I thought I might be able to. I'll see if someone else here can help you, as I am at a loss now. Everything I found seemed to be related to something else or a different problem.

One more question though, are you having trouble copying and pasting files from folder to folder?

Do a little test, make some test files in Word Pad or Word or something, and make a couple new folders, and move the files around and see if you get any error messages. And.or try to move an existing file from one folder to another, such as a picture.

Hmmm wierd, tried downloading a small game again and my antivirus popped up, but it never did before and I trust the site I am using, wouldn't let me save the file, shutoff protection and I could download, still got a warning but atleast the file was saved to a folder.This action has never happened before, I have never changed the settings on my antivirus and go to this one site atleast once a month.Could my antivirus gotten currupted somehow?