XP internet security 2010

I used your product to remove the above fake AV program and associated trojans and rootkits that came with it.

It left behind one file that I eventually got rid of using other means but I thought you should know about it. The file left behind was:

c:\windows\system32\drivers\khtxnju.sys

(XP home SP3 operating system).

There was also an entry left in the registry but I mislaid its name - I know it started with '_VOID'. You product kept finding the file and deleting it but it came back after every reboot.

Hi Lorne50 and welcome to malwarebytes'!

Unfortunately seems you are still infected. Please read these instructions.

We don't work on Malware removal or diagnostics in the general forums.

Please print out, read and follow the directions here, skipping any steps you are unable to complete. Then post a NEW topic here.

One of the expert helpers there will give you one-on-one assistance when one becomes available.

After posting your new post make sure under options that you select Track this topic and choose one of the Email options so that you're alerted when someone has replied to your post.

Hi Firefox -

If I am not mistaken , you can check the area and that is a version Metallica has now posted as for general use - At least that was what he told me yesterday - That (HJT area) is where the cure was discovered by Miekie - Metallica has also added his own version also -

Regards - B)

EDIT - I was told to use this a while ago ??

that's great and for us that have been here a while can probably find it, but what about a new member that comes by for help and they see the self help guide section but they cant find that one there?

Makes sense to me to put a copy of that there? But hey that's just me.