bit defender

long7time

Hello I just recently upgraded from Vista to Win 7, now every time i log on to my computer I get this message that my Bit Defender Firewall TDI filter driver needs to be upgraded.

I do not have Bit defender in stall on my PC, never did to the best of my knowledge. I cannot find it in my program list nor can i find it if i search the uninstall programs list.

I was wondering if this program uses it this driver in any way?

Greetings long7time and welcome to Malwarebytes :)

It sounds like BitDefender is or was installed at some point on your system. Have a look at this for more info.

If you currently have a different antivirus/firewall installed then you can do the following and I can help you delete any active traces of BitDefender, such as services and drivers that may still be installed:

Create an Autoruns Log:

• Please download Sysinternals Autoruns from here.
  • Save Autoruns.exe to your desktop and double-click it to run it.
  • Once it starts, please press the Esc key on your keyboard.
  • Now that scanning is stopped, click on the Options button at the top of the program and select Verify Code Signatures
  • Once that's done press the F5 key on your keyboard, this will start the scan again, this time let it finish.
  • When it's finished, please click on the File button at the top of the program and select Save and save the Autoruns.arn file to your desktop and close Autoruns.
  • Right click on the Autoruns.arn file on your desktop and hover your mouse over Send To and select Compressed (zipped) Folder
  • Attach the Autoruns.zip folder you just created to your next reply

Clean disc and registry by CCleaner.
Running a registry cleaner can be risky unless you really know what you're doing, any BitDefender loading points can easily be removed with Autoruns.
Make printscreen of your task manager and post it in forum - I wanna take a look for your processes.
That's unnecessary, any processes that load at startup will show in the Autoruns log, besides, a batch file can be used to grab a list of running processes and output it to a text file.

Running a registry cleaner can be risky unless you really know what you're doing,

Although I agree that Registry Cleaner are dangerous if you don't know what you are doing I just want to point out CCleaner is one of the safest if not the safest registry cleaner around.

Guest remixed
Although I agree that Registry Cleaner are dangerous if you don't know what you are doing I just want to point out CCleaner is one of the safest if not the safest registry cleaner around.

Don't count on it. It may not be as aggressive as some but it'll still brick your Pc unless you use it carefully and selectively. Just follow Exile360's recommendations :)

Don't count on it. It may not be as aggressive as some but it'll still brick your Pc unless you use it carefully and selectively. Just follow Exile360's recommendations :lol:

Just wanted to post a update to this, the bit defender was a part of my current anti virus software i use called the Shield Deluxe, I had to upgrade to the 2010 version in order to get the correct driver. Problem solved. Thanks for all of the input on this matter.