Best security soft

hellomoto

Hello DangurXtreme, and welcome to the forums here at Malwarebytes.org :lol:

That does sound like a pretty good combination. I used to use AVG, and although it gets the job done, I would recommend changing AV's. Is your AVG free or paid? Is your MBAM free or paid? And are you running TeaTimer with Spybot?

I don't recommend using a registry cleaner/tool unless you know exactly what you are doing.

Were you previously infected, as you mentioned using Combofix...

As a side note, when replying, please use the "ADD REPLY" button at the bottom of the page.

Thank you :P

Thanks for the hello. :lol:

All of my scanners are the free versions. I was told there was never a need to pay for them, Unless I really had some important info to keep safe. And yes I have Tea Timer.

I first got registry clean (first time i ever bought one) to try to fix my sons computer. It ended up having a corrupt hard drive.

Yes I was infected and Kenny94 helped to clean it up.

I had someone tell me to get Avast, but I have never had much problem with AVG.

However, I then installed Firefox 3.6 as my default browser and I was able to browse normally.

From Ibrad's shortcut - Maybe it is Defensewall and Internet Explorer -

;)

Great thread! It needs to be stickied for those that come behind!

This thread pops up about once every 2 months - I'm sure it will be back at the end of March - :)

@ DangurXtreme,

You're welcome :)

If you can afford it, I recommend purchasing an AntiVirus product for these two reasons:

1) Paid versions often have more features (although the free versions offer great protection too)

2) By paying for the AntiVirus program, you are supporting further growth and development and detections in the company that you choose to purchase the AntiVirus product from.

Otherwise, I do recommend changing AV's if you want to, but if you don't, that's fine too :)

TeaTimer is not that effective anymore, although it can help. I say this because SpyBot is updated about once a week and so the definitions can be old by the time the update rolls around...

Malwarebytes offers exceptional real-time protection for a one-time cost of $24.95 for home use. Yes, no annual subscription fees for home users :)

MajorGeeks is currently offering a 20% discount off of a Malwarebytes license purchase though: http://majorgeeks.com/Malwarebytes_Anti-Malware_d5756.html

(and you just click on Download@MajorGeeks under the dark brown and yellow word Downloads in the middle of the page there). And once you get to the thank you for downloading page... there will be an advertisement for purchasing Malwarebytes at 20% off :)

Wait, with the registry cleaner that you purchased for your son's computer, are you saying that the cleaner corrupted his harddrive, or was the harddrive already corrupted? I am a little confused.

I myself had a bad experience with a registry cleaner/tool, and I will not touch them again unless

a) I am under the guidance of an expert or b ) if I ever come to a point where I know exactly what I am doing ;)

Also, since we are talking in the middle of someone else's post, please post a new topic in the PC Help forum if you are going to reply to my last post to you here and I'll find it and reply to you again :) This will make the current thread much less confusing.

Spybot tends to conflict with other software on occasions. It blocked sandboxie from installing once. Although it's nice for free registry protection. ;)

@ DangurXtreme I would recommend Microsoft Security Essentials. It's much lighter then Avg. Also has very good detection. :)

@ Mountaintree16 I think he said it was from PC TOOLS. More then likely Registry Mechanic. I recommend for a free one Ccleaner. It does very well in cleaning junk. I would recommend anything from piriform. :) :)

PS: Also way to go on getting the bait set! I think we have him!

:) :) :) :) :) :)